Fitbit or another brand

Options
JaczB
JaczB Posts: 10 Member
I need advice on what's best to get. I'm an android OnePlus mobile phone user.

I'm not looking for the latest gadget that's not me.

I want something that works and tracks correctly.

I bought a Lintelek Fitness Tracker, in 2019 after seeing that the charge 3 looked good on 2018 I didn't feel the cost to buy it was justified so I bought the cheap one at £29.99. still using and thought if it works I'd upgrade. And it's about time I did an upgrade.

To track walking, cycling,yoga, home works outs and swimming. Sleeping would be an added bonus.

Any suggestions and advice would be great.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• runsrunsruns
    runsrunsruns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recommendation for you, but I can tell you the Fitbit Sense is now off my radar. Like you, I'm in the market for an activity tracker that could do perhaps do more (gps, HR, sleep). I was getting close to buying the Sense, and then I wandered into the Sense support/community forum. Man, this watch is a MESS. I'd say 1/3rd of the forum is ppl with units that suddenly switch-off and refuse to boot within 30 days to 6 months. For a tiny portion of these ppl, a hard factory reset brings the unit back to life, only to have the unit brick itself again within a few days. This eventually leads to having to contact Fitbit support 2-4 times before they eventually send you a brand new unit... then the watch bricks itself again. The rest of the forum is ppl who can't get their units to sync. And if you're an iOS owner, totally forget about it! Apparently Fitbit Sense + iOS is a known incompatibility problem as quoted by Fitbit support staff. I started looking into other FB trackers thinking maybe the less advanced units w/o GPS, Sp02, ECG were less prone to issues. Then I figured what's the point? If Fitbit's flagship product is such a dumpster fire in QC department, what hope is there for their cheaper $99 units?
  • JaczB
    Options
    One thing I read was that Google now owns Fitbit so maybe in the near future there will be something worthwhile and that works.
  • runsrunsruns
    runsrunsruns Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Honestly doubt it. Google is notorious for having the attention span of a moth, esp in regards to hardware platforms. They already let WearOS wither & die once after they lost focus. I don't see that changing. Google is filled with hotshot Devs who only like to develop shiney new stuff. They hate maintaining or interating/improving on existing stuff unless it's Android. Them buying Fitbit actually increases the likelyhood FB is gonna tank when Google loses focus yet again as they've done with soooo many past projects... GoogleFiber - Dead. ChromeCast Audio - Dead. Google Nexus line - Dead. GoogleGlass - Dead. Nest Security System (whole house security) - Dead. Google Home Max hifi - Dead. They just axed Google Play Music, Google Talk, Google Hangouts, and free Google Photos. I can't even tell ya how any different messaging clients they developed, never updated & then just axed... must be going on 10-15 different VOiP & Chat clients by now. The next big project getting cut will be their ENTIRE streaming games division, Google Stadia. They just fired the head of games development... she took half the team & built a new company. I feel sorry for the poor slobs who bought Google's gaming hardware.
  • JaczB
    Options
    Here's the article if you want to read it . I take on board your comments above tho.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techradar.com/uk/amp/news/apple-watch-vs-fitbit
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Garmin.