I have to start over, feeling pure shite

Options
I don't know how this all happened; I feel like I haven't noticed any significant change in my body, but then again, I see myself every day. I'm not sure if it's the pandemic or grad school or what. I feel so unattractive and disgusting, I just want to lose this weight as quickly as I can but I know that the right way to do it is slow and steady.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I don't know how this all happened; I feel like I haven't noticed any significant change in my body, but then again, I see myself every day. I'm not sure if it's the pandemic or grad school or what. I feel so unattractive and disgusting, I just want to lose this weight as quickly as I can but I know that the right way to do it is slow and steady.

Yeah it does tend to creep up without notice. As you said the right way to do it is slow and steady, you didn't notice it appear from nowhere overnight, it won't come off that way either.

Both school and the pandemic are stress triggers for a lot of people and food becomes the all too easy way to self-medicate, know that you're not alone.

Weight loss aside have you thought about how you can go about tackling stress a different way in the future?

PS. No idea what nationality you are, I read the thread title as though you're Scottish as that sounds like a totally Scots/Northern English thing to say but then Grad School sounds American. Curiosity ye know!?
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As you said the right way to do it is slow and steady, you didn't notice it appear from nowhere overnight, it won't come off that way either.

you're so right. but lawwwwd when it does :)
  • docktorgrigoryhaus
    docktorgrigoryhaus Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Yeah it does tend to creep up without notice. As you said the right way to do it is slow and steady, you didn't notice it appear from nowhere overnight, it won't come off that way either.

Both school and the pandemic are stress triggers for a lot of people and food becomes the all too easy way to self-medicate, know that you're not alone.

Weight loss aside have you thought about how you can go about tackling stress a different way in the future?

PS. No idea what nationality you are, I read the thread title as though you're Scottish as that sounds like a totally Scots/Northern English thing to say but then Grad School sounds American. Curiosity ye know!?

Hey! I'm an American expat living in Germany, my grandparents were Scots though so I was always super used to hearing it, lol

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options

Hey! I'm an American expat living in Germany, my grandparents were Scots though so I was always super used to hearing it, lol

Well that certainly explains it lol.
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel EXACTLY the same. I just came back from a vacation and there isn't one photo I like. Please add me to your friends and let's motivate each other.