Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds...

Options
Any of you out there ever use Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds videos?? I am trying to calculate how you add that as exercise on here to get the most accurate calorie count. Since the videos go by miles walked and the exercise entry goes by time and mph. Thanks in advance!! =)

Replies

• starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Time your walks... :D
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I use it daily. I put it down as aerobics because its not just walking that she does. Its kinda of an aerobic movement. Lol.
  • cwnman
    cwnman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have used her videos and love them. I would try searching the cardio section of exercises and see what fits best. I am currently walking 1 hour a day and that is working great for me. Good luck!
  • HersheyTeeJay
    HersheyTeeJay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same tapes and would also like to know how many calories I am burning.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    get a heart rate monitor
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I use it and I put it down as low impact aerobics.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Most videos I've seen of hers start w/ warm ups, then gradually INcrease the pace, then slowly DEcrease, ending w/ cool down and stretching.

I've never had the patience to actually time how long each section is- but I'd think that would be the most accurate w/o a HRM.

BTW- tossing this out cuz I just found it out-
    our local cable company offers her videos ( and others) on the ON DEMAND menu- just in case you want to try out some new routines.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love her!!!! I log it as walking very brisk. Though she does do other things besides walking, when I compare it to other exercises I do, I'm not sure I would rate it as aerobics over walking, but to each his/her own. Bottom line is it counts and it is a GREAT way to get moving!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have used Leslie Sansone's WATP videos for years and really enjoy them.

I only started using this site a week ago and haven't used one of her DVDs in that time, but when I do, I will use "walking, 4.0 mph, very brisk pace" because she typically does 13-15 minute miles.
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love her and all her videos! I don't have HRM right now but I log it under low impact aerobics. I'm curious to know what others log it as...
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i put it in under brisk walking. i have her video and i really like it. but i try to tune out her voice... :laugh:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I use the 4 and 5 mile videos from time to time... I have an hrm, so that's how I track my calories burned. However, I depending on what video you are doing the miles range from 10 minute to 15 minutes. Collagevideo.com has her videos and gives a breakdown of the workout...how many minutes per mile... Hope this helps!
  • bcopeland2005
    bcopeland2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks guys for the help!! i guess i do need a hrm.... does that tell u the calories burned per workout? I have heard a lot of people say it's the most accurate way to see what you are burning. thanks again and good luck to you all. =)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    thanks guys for the help!! i guess i do need a hrm.... does that tell u the calories burned per workout? I have heard a lot of people say it's the most accurate way to see what you are burning. thanks again and good luck to you all. =)

Yes, it tracks calories burned, heart rate, length of workout, etc.. Of course it also depends on what hrm you have! :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    get a heart rate monitor

I use her DVD's too. And I log them under the 'walking 4.0' section for the amount of time I walked because I feel it would definitely be considered a fast paced walk with all the additional movements you are performing during her videos. But as soon as I can afford it I'm getting a heart rate monitor (Polar brand). That's the only way to know for sure how many calories you are burning.
  • Melanie_Robinson
    Melanie_Robinson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use her dvds daily. I burn anywhere from 100 to 125 calories per mile, depending on if I am using the walk boosters. I read Leslie somewhere saying that generally speaking one mile is about 100 kcals.

I use a HRM to track that burn. I have about 10 different routines and find that no matter the dvd, I am still burning that same about. The most has been 150 per mile. I have found that the more I do it, the less kcals I burn ( i guess it means my body is getting in better shape) Using the 5 mile dvd's with weights I have burned anywhere from 550 calories to 700.

I love my HRM.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well, you can figure out how many miles you walk and then divide by the amount of time you're walking. I have the 3-mile walk video, and it goes for 45 minutes. That's a 15-minute mile, or 4 mph.

I also have the 5-mile walk video, and it goes for 60 minutes. That's a 12-minute mile, or 5 mph.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I use her dvds daily. I burn anywhere from 100 to 125 calories per mile, depending on if I am using the walk boosters. I read Leslie somewhere saying that generally speaking one mile is about 100 kcals.

I use a HRM to track that burn. I have about 10 different routines and find that no matter the dvd, I am still burning that same about. The most has been 150 per mile. I have found that the more I do it, the less kcals I burn ( i guess it means my body is getting in better shape) Using the 5 mile dvd's with weights I have burned anywhere from 550 calories to 700.

I love my HRM.

Thanks for sharing this! It just reaffirms I need to get that heart rate monitor! I suspected that I have been under-logging because I can work up quite a good sweat with her 3, 4 and 5 mile DVD's. But I'll continue to log as I have been until I get my HRM. I agree with you too that if I start to do her DVD's too much, they start to get too easy. I have to switch it up with other work outs to keep it challenging.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If you are working from a DVD....the video run time is on the back of the case. I have the 3 mile super fat burning DVD and the run time is 48 minutes including the warm up and cool down. I shave 3 minutes off for all the gobble-de-goop at the start. It averages out to 4mph, so I enter it as walking 4mph even though I use weights with all the arm movements and stuff.
  • olacoco7
    olacoco7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate the Leslie S. WATP program. It's great for when I just don't feel like heading out to the gym. I ditto what others suggest about a heart rate monitor. I didn't know she had a 4 or 5 mile program. I use the program from my OnDemand on the TV. I'll have to look into the 4mile....although as of now, the 3mile really makes me sweat! :-)