How do I get my meals into my food diary?

inaheap
inaheap Posts: 2 Member
Ok. So I have saved several meals. But I can't find a place anywhere that lets me at them to my daily food diary. I click Food. Then if I click my meals I can bring up the meals but there is no add button anywhere. If I click add food there is nowhere to select the meals I have saved. What am I missing?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    On the Add Food to [Meal] page, there are five tabs on the right side of the page, about halfway down. The fourth one is "Meals."
  • dmm60
    dmm60 Posts: 1 Member
    The original poster wants to add their saved meals to their food diary. It looks as if this is not possible, which makes saving meals with Quick Tools unnecessary. The Quick Tools is useless. This is another flaw with myfitnesspal.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,091 Member
    dmm60 wrote: »
    The original poster wants to add their saved meals to their food diary. It looks as if this is not possible, which makes saving meals with Quick Tools unnecessary. The Quick Tools is useless. This is another flaw with myfitnesspal.

Adding saved meals is certainly possible, it's something I do daily. How to do that might differ between website and app (and perhaps between apps according to the OS).
    I have the Android app: Add food -> tap on the Meals tab -> tap on the desired meal -> choose the desired portion size -> tap on the check mark at the top of the screen.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,530 Member
    edited June 2021
    Lietchi wrote: »
    dmm60 wrote: »

Adding saved meals is certainly possible, it's something I do daily. How to do that might differ between website and app (and perhaps between apps according to the OS).
    I have the Android app: Add food -> tap on the Meals tab -> tap on the desired meal -> choose the desired portion size -> tap on the check mark at the top of the screen.

I can confirm it works the same way in the iOS app!
    Also works the same in the browser/website version for me.

Edited to add: I realise now this post was a few months old. Hopefully OP was able to work it out.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    Although this is old, I thought I would point out what OP was doing wrong, in case somebody having the same problem sees the thread. OP was clicking on "my meals" from the food tab, which just takes you to the list of all your meals which you can search and delete individual meals if you want. To add one of your saved meals, you start from your food diary and click on "add food" under whichever meal you want to add food and then click on the meals tab. It's important to start from your diary.