Wedding - NSV

Options
wvmark41
wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
I went to a wedding over the weekend and many of the people there had not seen me in over a year. I was 60 (or more) pounds heavier than the last time most had seen me.

Some of the comments I heard were, ...

"Wow, who is this guy?"

"Oh my gosh, I almost didn't recognize you!"

"Seriously, dude? I didn't recognize you."

"Hey there, skinny. You're looking great!"

"Damn, look at you!"

"Mark, that's awesome, you look great."

....... granted this was the bride's moment to shine, and she was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen, but it did feel good to get a few compliments myself. :drinker:

Replies

• Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Good job!!!
  • MittenKitten1219
    MittenKitten1219 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Talk about an ego boost :) keep up the great work!
  • dvarrassi12
    Options
    As a future bride, I'm sure I could let the light shine on someone who worked as hard as you to make themselves healthier! Way to go, I'm sure it felt great :)
  • divadoll41
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • halfplum
    halfplum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you deserve a huge pat on the back.............you are doing great............i dread fall coming and being cooped up inside
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    yay!!!

i have an industry trade show coming up in mid january. i'm down 20lbs so far and hoping to reach 50 or 60 down by then. i CAN NOT wait to hear these kinds of reactions from my industry friends! i decided to keep the process a secret to shock them all :-)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    sorry for the double post
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!