JFT - Wednesday June 2
    1.5L of water - :/ 1.25 L - getting there again
    Log all Food - :)
    Walk 15 minutes - :/

JFT - Thursday June 3
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

It's so nice to see everyone posting again. I'm almost through the major project at work so should be able to keep up soon.

@PackerFanInGB - I so agree with you about the phone calls. I don't think we're cranky old women, we just want to hear our friends and family's voices.

@mytime6630 - I'm up for the challenge. When I was losing previously and my husband wanted ice cream I would buy kinds he liked and I didn't. I'm very fussy so it worked for me. I've just stopped buying things like that. If I do decide to have a treat I have to go to the store to get it. It has helped me several times. Luckily now my husband is also trying to lose.

As of this morning I was 191.8, it felt good to see that on the scale. All I'm doing consistently is logging food, it seems to be working.

Off for the big project again.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited June 2021
    Recap 6/2 W
    1) Walked dog 3.81 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 17.3K
    3) Bake salmon & steam asparagus for supper / net cals zero / NO evening snacking / 14c water :smiley: green 9 & 13c
    4) GA-IT home stretch: test & sign-off at least 3 regs :neutral: completed 2 regs & 2 others pending, have queries w/ Don who's on PTO until next week / webinar 10-12 :smiley: / don't fall further behind on emails :neutral:
    5) Evening: wash towels / boil eggs / make rhubarb crisp & pack some for co-workers who like it / at least 1 other chore, even if minor ~ yes = 4/4
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :mrgreen: yay 5/5

JFT 6/3 R
    1) Walked dog 3.77 mi before work B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar
    3) Leftovers for supper / net cals zero / no evening snacking / 14c water
    4) Distribute rhubarb crisp containers to 4 co-workers / keep plugging away at GA-IT only 8 regs left to test not counting 2 pending / webinar 2-3 / keep up w/ emails
    5) Evening: Market on Military / check out Stadium District Street Market? / organize old sneakers for donation tomorrow / wash dishes / water houseplants / one other chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

I struggled this a.m. to get up but forced myself after 2nd snooze alarm. Glad I did. Dog and I met a garbageman on his rounds, who stopped to give his "new" doggy a treat. We also had a small fluffy white dog trot over to get acquainted, off-leash but wearing a cute little harness, and no owner right there. Friendly little guy let me check his tag & his name was Bingo. Love it! His human came running to get him and was very happy we took care of Bingo. I didn't want him to follow us across the nearby busiest street we have to deal with on our route. Good start to the day.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Clean out Green Room.
    3. Wages script. Finish World Lit stories. Run lines for Little Princess.
    4. Lunch: Bibimbap? What can I do to get my silver jewelry re-shinied?
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work. Walk at park.
    6. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Soup? Rehearsal.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Yesterday I had plans. Today I've finished all my library books and the new ones I've got on hold haven't come in yet. I'm feeling very unsettled, and it's edging into anxious. It's going to be raining off and on all day.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited June 2021
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JUNE CHALLENGE:
    for 30 days ... LOG ALL FOOD AND WATER.
    Just that simple![/b]

Days of tracking: 2 out of 2

JFT, Tues, 6/1
    1. june challenge .. Log all food and water :)
    2. mindful eating .. write it down BEFORE I eat and plan :)
    3. plan ahead .. know in the morning what I am going to eat the rest of the day, and try to stick with it, or substitute .. do not add! :)

Forgot to post goals yesterday... but stuck to my plan.

JFT, Thurs 6/3
    1. log all food .. JUNE CHALLENGE
    2. concentrate on water
    3. plan ahead .. know what I'm eating, and stick to it, or substitute DO not add more food to my list
    4. be accountable

• clicketykeys
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! AM run.
    2. Clean out Green Room. Video ideas discussion.
    3. Wages script. Finish World Lit stories. Run lines for Little Princess.
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work. Pick up weight bar. Return book to library.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Soup? Livestream – need discussion questions.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Did really well at rehearsal tonight but I'm not close to off-book, which I'm supposed to be on Monday. Yikes!
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    edited June 2021
    JUNE CHALLENGE:
    for 30 days ... LOG ALL FOOD AND WATER.
    Just that simple![/b]

Days of tracking: 3 out of 3

JFT, Thurs 6/3
    1. log all food .. JUNE CHALLENGE :):'( I logged everybite .. but it was not pretty. Got into a entire bag of marshmallows!
    2. concentrate on water :/
    3. plan ahead .. know what I'm eating, and stick to it, or substitute DO not add more food to my list :/
    4. be accountable :)

Not the best day foodwise .. but the good thing is that I did get a very long, 7 mile walk in today. I called my SIL, and we talked for 2.5 hrs .. so I just kept on walking. It was a beautiful morning.. and not too hot. A great way to start my day. The day, like so many for me, are good until evening comes.

So my plan for tomorrow evening is to go somewhere away from the food .. either outside and work in the yard, or go downstairs and listen to music with hubby ... kitchen will be off limits!

JFt, Friday, 6/4
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ cups
    3. tomorrow we will go to fish fry.. so fish and french fries are on my list. Prelog so I know what I should eat the rest of the day .. and stick with my plan.
    4. june challenge

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Urgh, I am tired today! Didn't sleep very well last night - it's been really hectic at work and last night we were busy till quite late looking at houses online. I was a bit wired so took aaaaaages to fall asleep, not sure how many hours I got.

But TGIF so only a few hours to push through and then I get to rest for the weekend! I say rest, we may have 1-2 house viewings to go to. But more rest than the week... This house hunting is very tiring!

Found a house that we're pretty excited about. It's actually in a slightly different area than we were looking and we'll have to think about whether we're ok with that and look into whether it has everything we need. But the house itself looks amazing, it basically ticks all the boxes and even has bonus features like a UTILITY ROOM (where I have already decided the cats could have their litter tray and catflap! The boyfriend thinks I am mad for already thinking about this btw).

Anyway, mustn't get too excited about it, it may well be not as nice when we actually get to look at it ... Let's see.

Anyway, today's goals:

Log everything I eat and drink - June challenge
    Be in or close to green
    Go for run
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Arrange house viewings

Happy Friday everyone!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thursday 3 June

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ⬇️ 😊.

I’m thinking that I might go for a nice long walk today. The weather looks good and the sea is flat so I might spot dolphins.

I didn’t go for a long walk as it rained!

@bookmeister86 good luck with the house viewing. I don’t think you’re mad for considering the cats. I took the cats into consideration when we were house hunting. I think they were a factor as to why a house was not right more than why it was right for me. I’m sure it’s no different to people viewing a house and planning where to put their Christmas tree - it’s just about sensing whether the house feels right for you. My current house was certainly a heart decision, although we did try to logical, the cat didn’t feature highly in my thoughts but the house works for him.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Friday 4 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ↔️😊.

Regarding the logging challenge: I’m good at logging food and pre-log so that I can plan my indulgences. It’s the one daily goal I most need to stay on track). I don’t log water in MFP as it does not make any difference to my drinking habits. I know when I plan not to drink so much because of a lack of facilities and when I don’t drink because I’m lazy or distracted and those are the days I mark as not meeting my water goal.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Thursday June 3
    1.5L of water - :):) More than 2!
    Log all Food - Yes even though I had a terrible supper
    Walk 15 minutes - :/

JFT - Friday June 4
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

Very busy work day, going to get at it.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited June 2021
    Recap 6/3 R
    1) Walked dog 3.77 mi before work B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar :p 13/14 Must've lost track one hour. After 10 days of ignoring my Fitbit steps, this bugs me! LOL Anyway 15.6K
    3) Leftovers for supper / net cals zero / no evening snacking / 14c water :neutral: red 78 & 13c
    4) Distribute rhubarb crisp containers to 4 co-workers :smiley: / keep plugging away at GA-IT only 8 regs left to test not counting 2 pending :) only 3 left plus 2 pending Don / webinar 2-3 canceled due to system outage / keep up w/ emails actually working too much to do :#
    5) Evening: Market on Military :p just before I arrived, dark clouds I saw on my way out of the office became a brief, very intense thunderstorm & market shut down ~ sad me / check out Stadium District Street Market? / organize old sneakers for donation tomorrow :) happy to get rid of so many / wash dishes :D actually used the dishwasher for once / water houseplants / one other chore ~ yes several = 3/6
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4/5

JFT 6/4 F
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) More leftovers (I don't mind, I like them) / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Test rem. 3 GA-IT regs / Facebook Live 12:00 / update IA request doc / office summarization tasks / update Project Status s/s / submit PRO, PAR, KRO s/s
    4) Pick up virtual 10K race packet & donate old sneakers / call in kitty food order at vet / submit tax returns to financial advisor / derm pmt online / schedule MC pmt / update bank accts / update budget s/s / check DVR / water houseplants / Is my to-do list too ambitious for F? we'll see
    5) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (farmer's market then dog walk)

Couldn't drag my tired butt out of bed today at the early alarm to walk dog before work. Sad dog. Btw, she knows when I jump into the shower instead of put on my walking gear, we're not walking & she jumps on the bed next to sleeping hubby. Evening not looking good for walking since temps will reach 90s today. Yikes. Happy Friday all my JFTers!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Busy day, so I’m a bit late with goals. Today is my last Friday afternoon class – yay! – but I still have to tweak the final. We’re expecting storms again, followed by a heat wave. The AC repairman is supposed to come back today to pinpoint the leak and, hopefully, make repairs. He still hasn’t arrived. Not sure I’ll make it to the grocery store today, so I’ll have to get creative if I want to stay in the green.

Thursday, 6/3
    • Log - √
    • Drink more water - √
    • Walk/bike – X
    • Grocery store – X
    • 60 min. for household chores – 25%
    • Grading/prep - √√√

JFT Friday, 6/4
    • Log
    • Drink more water
    • Walk/bike
    • Grocery store
    • 60 min. for household chores
    • Wrap up Friday class

June challenge
    Logging: 1, 2, 3
    Water: 1, 2, 3
  • mytime6630
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193
    SW: April 2: 190.4
    SW: May 188
    SW: June 4: 190.1

Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking
    Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
    Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
    Mar 19: 190.4 -- 5 out of 7 days NO nite time eating. Goal next week ... 6 our of 7 day no nite time eating, 8+ glasses water @ day.
    March 26: 188.6--- 6 out of 7 days I did good .. no nite time eating. Last nite... food was in control of me. I was so tired, and instead of lying down... I grazed the entire nite. So much that I had trouble sleeping. So while right now my weight is down, I expect it to go up. So next weeks goal is 7 out of 7 days.
    April 2: 190.4 --- not the best week.. but I am still down 5.2 pounds for the first 3 months of this year. So I will look at the positives.
    April 9: 191.2 --- even though I had a OK week, I think eating ham for 3 days .. hoping its just water weight.
    April 16: 187.6 -- a week of more mindful eating, especially in the evenings, plus a lot more exercise with walking and garden work.
    April 23: 187 -- a very small loss, but at least the scale is going in the right direction. I will continue to work on the nite time snacking and emotional eating.
    April 30 188.8 -- got into the ice cream again.I am just 10 pounds before I am in a healthy, normal weight for my height.. but those 10# have been the hardest. I met that goal in 2019 ... trying to get back there.

May 14: 188.0 -- A week of terrible back pain, so I wasn't really watching, or caring what I ate. So happy that I at least did not gain much.
    May 21: 185.6 -- lots of walking and yard work this past week.

June 4: 190.1 -- this is what happens when I am not paying attention to habits, etc.
  • clicketykeys
    JFT Saturday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! AM walk at park.
    2. Clean out Green Room. Talk to Duane about moving other items; make list.
    3. Wages script. Finish World Lit stories. Run lines for Little Princess. Groceries?
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work. Check on plates.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Soup? Evening bike ride?

Scale goals

WFTY: Persistence. Picked up a weight bar! I also have a few plates but I might get more. It's lighter than I'm used to using, but it should be more than I need.
  • mytime6630

JFt, Friday, 6/4
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ cups :)
    3. tomorrow we will go to fish fry.. so fish and french fries are on my list. Prelog so I know what I should eat the rest of the day .. and stick with my plan. :)
    4. june challenge :)

super busy day, mowed grass, helped hubby clean house, walked 5 miles

JFT, Saturday 8/5
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water 8+ cups
    3. june challenge

• ZizzyBumble
    Friday 4 June

Log 👿
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 👿. Forgot to finish the day and missed steps/miles by a whisker!
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ↔️😊.

Regarding the logging challenge: I’m good at logging food and pre-log so that I can plan my indulgences. It’s the one daily goal I most need to stay on track). I don’t log water in MFP as it does not make any difference to my drinking habits. I know when I plan not to drink so much because of a lack of facilities and when I don’t drink because I’m lazy or distracted and those are the days I mark as not meeting my water goal.

• ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 5 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ⬇️😊.

I need to plan my food then go shopping - there’s not much left in the fridge
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Sorry been AWOL due to internet issues l.
    But resolved now.

Not much new going on here.
    Had a bit of an accident prone week.
    Burnt my arm, fell down the stairs and the other night I kept waking up in the middle of the night hearing a high pitched buzzing in my ear.
    And in the morning I woke up bitten to death.
    And I'm kind of allergic so they're all swollen but the whole back of my hand is full on swollen and it's all so itchy!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    edited June 2021