Been a long time

Options
I used MFP years ago to lose weight. I think from when I started MFP to my lightest (212) I had lost ~140lbs from my heaviest I assume 200+ (best guess is I was around 425). The last several years my weight has been creeping back up. I am now sitting at nearly 270. It is very disappointing to see the scale at that number. I really need to recommit to myself to eat right and exercise consistently again.

I am finally headed back to the office after over a year of being away which means I have to wear business casual attire again and my company logo stuff I'm sure won't fit me anymore which is embarrassing for sure. I am also planning a family vacation to Hawaii next April and I'd really like to at least be more fit than my previous trips.

Not looking for anything from anyone but just hoping that me putting this out here will help me feel more accountable for my choices and motivate me to get back into it.

Replies

• draekin13
    draekin13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you as well. I have a NordicTrack rower and a weight set that was collecting dust for a while. I cleaned my garage so it is out in the open and much more enticing to use again.
  • Skyler103
    Skyler103 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm back for the 3rd or 4th time. I've just been coasting the last month or so. Went on vacation in late April and it's so hard to get back on track after. I'm getting my mojo back finally.

You've got plenty of time before next April, you got this!
  • devash77
    devash77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar place. Lost 97 pounds two years ago on MFP and then gained back 70. :'(
    I'm not on the forums much; I'm super busy with important stuff, but I check in once in a while. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd be glad to help encourage you in your goals.
  • draekin13
    Options
    Only a few days in but I'm doing good. I have been on my bike or rowing machine each day for even 15 minutes if I didn't have much time. Eating is staying on track which is good. Just have to get back in all those good habits again.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Bright side: you caught it relatively early and haven't regained it all. I too lost weight and hit maintenance, but regained some last year during quarantine and spent about 7 months re-losing it. I know how you feel. It does feel disappointing, the trick is to acknowledge that and move on to the more important parts; doing something about it. You've been doing that, so kudos and good luck!
  • draekin13
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Just me posting here in "public" makes me feel much more accountable for my decisions.

I have recently found that rather than trying to do one long gym workout as I used to when I was commuting to work everyday I find it much easier with my work schedule to get a few 15-20 minute sessions in typically in my breaks between marathon conference calls. It is also allowing me to doing more HIIT style workouts and not feeling like I'm starving afterward so win/win.
  • draekin13
    Options
    Down ~5 lbs in this first week back to really watching what I eat and how much I'm moving. Good motivation to keep going.