totally unfair......

Options
why is it so easy to put on weight and so hard to take it off :mad: and why is it so much harder to start a diet than to end it :frown: well heres to hoping this is my time time to shine........hard work and dedication and a little bit of luck :wink: good luck to everyone else starting their journey, i know ill need it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Putting on weight is not easy either, it takes time and training yourself to eat junk food and eat a lot of it :)))) And don't start and finish a DIET, but start and finish a healthy active LIFE. Good luck!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Putting on weight is not easy either, it takes time and training yourself to eat junk food and eat a lot of it :)))) And don't start and finish a DIET, but start and finish a healthy active LIFE. Good luck!

I weighed myself this morning and though hmm... I gained .2 -- so I weighed again...and again... within 30 seconds I had a 5lb weight shift up and down. I chose the highest number(yuck) So yeah, I'd say it was pretty easy :)
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I weighed myself this morning and though hmm... I gained .2 -- so I weighed again...and again... within 30 seconds I had a 5lb weight shift up and down. I chose the highest number(yuck) So yeah, I'd say it was pretty easy :)
    I meant a LOT of weight, not daily fluctuations.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i agree, putting on weight is easy... and the process of enjoying the food and drinks is enjoyable too... but when you get there, it's horrible, embarrssing and uncomfortable, totally not worth it really...

If it were easy to be slim and fit and healthy, everyone would be. It is hard and constant work to keep your body well, but well worth the effort usually.

Best of luck, hope you get to your goals and blow them out of the water.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you had asked me 5 months ago I would have totally agreed with you, but today I now believe it is much easier to live a healthy lifestyle than to diet and not feel like I have a plan for a lifetime of success. I eat more now than ever before and the weight is melting off. It's crazy but even with daily fluctuations I just know I'm doing the right thing and I never feel deprived. Pick one thing at a time to change and before you know it, you gotta lot a little changes that add up to big changes. Good luck and hope your success is inspiring!
  • ecolkitt
    ecolkitt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive attitudes, it was a little pick-me-up that I needed!