when i'm hungry...

Options
i just imagine that the pangs i feel in my stomach are actually my body eating itself, absorbing the stored fat, and getting slimmer. it helps me get through the feeling of wanting to eat something.

Replies

• janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing!
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do as well, though it doesn't always stop me!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    i just imagine that the pangs i feel in my stomach are actually my body eating itself, absorbing the stored fat, and getting slimmer. it helps me get through the feeling of wanting to eat something.

Wow! Seriously??? Why not just eat something low cal? Man, I really hate hunger pangs. The only time I tolerate them (begrudgingly) is if they hit a short time before lunch at work. Any other time I eat.
  • Persian99
    Persian99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've done this same thing. I'm trying to enjoy the feeling of being empty, versus the need to eat something. I visualize my stomach pulling the fat from other parts of my body to consume. I know that biologically it's crazytalk, but the mental image seems to help keep me going.

Also, if it's not meal or snack time and I'm hungry, first I try a glass of water or hot tea. That almost always seems to work.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Wow! Seriously??? Why not just eat something low cal? Man, I really hate hunger pangs. The only time I tolerate them (begrudgingly) is if they hit a short time before lunch at work. Any other time I eat.

there is hunger pangs, and then there is the shakes from not having eaten and having low blood sugar. i like to eat something every four to six hours, so its not like i'm malnourished. and yes, i will go have an apple or something when my energy is low.
  • StellaBby10
    Options

*LIKE* :bigsmile:
  • aph1234
    Options
    i have found that by eating air popped popcorn it helps and gives me the fiber i need i also put 1/3 cup of popcorn kernals in a brown paper bag to work in the microwave 3 to 3 1/2 min no longer cuz it burns easy no salt no butter 15 to 30 cals depending on how many bags i eat it has also stoped me from binge eating
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

there is hunger pangs, and then there is the shakes from not having eaten and having low blood sugar. i like to eat something every four to six hours, so its not like i'm malnourished. and yes, i will go have an apple or something when my energy is low.

I assumed you meant hunger pangs and not low blood sugar shakes. I'm just shocked that you, and apparently several others actually enjoy it. Not me. If my body says it's hungry, I feed it.