Lower back pain? LOOK HERE!

Options
kyndread71
kyndread71 Posts: 41 Member
edited June 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been dealing with lower pack bain for nearly 10 years. Had two pain injections into the area, gave some relief for a few months, then back to square.

Come to find out (just recently), it wasn't my spine -- it was a muscle group along the glutes and hips.

I'm a huge video game player, and it's nothing to sit in front a computer screen for hours at a time. When fitness experts say that long periods of a sedentary lifestyle can hurt your body, THEY'RE NOT JOKING!

Please -- watch this video. These stretches/exercises have helped SOOOO MUCH over the past three weeks -- I feel like I can get back to doing the activities I was doing 15 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWmGArQBtFI

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have pain exactly there right now. Have been rehabbing it for a week but will certainly try this approach.
  • kyndread71
    kyndread71 Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @SnifferPug -- keep me posted, would like hear how it's going for you.

It certainly worked for me!
  • Saraep1313
    Saraep1313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll watch, I really suffer with my lower back following SPD in pregnancies. I had physio years ago which did work but its been bothering me recently
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I had back pain for oh, 15 years or so, and yoga helped with that, but it came back when I got a more than full time office job. In addition to getting up frequently while working and doing various exercises, I cannot emphasize this enough:

Ergonomics and a great office chair!

Our CEO's Herman Miller chair developed a hole and I ended up with it - OMG, what a difference that made! (I'm sure there are many other brands, but this is the only one I am able to personally recommend.)

He was kind enough to let me take it with me when I moved out of state. There were vultures circling around waiting for it :lol: