One way relationship

Options
Rocko820
Rocko820 Posts: 53 Member
edited June 2021 in Motivation and Support
If I speak it's negative moaning or I don't understand!
I have no say in any matter, so I don't talk much anymore, to avoid tension.
Many times I feel like leaving, but where do I go? Anyone else feel stuck in life? Do I want to start all over again I'm not happy but make myself happy doing things I love secretly so she doesn't get jealous. If she can't do it I can't. Feel trapped, sad, lonely, fighting a battle alone. Its all nice at first then life goes by and you realise noone is truly there for you. 😞

Replies

• Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself is this good enough for the rest of your life. At this point you sound like you're hiding who you are to please this person and that's not what love looks like that's codependency. When you talk about your feelings and your partner dismisses you or calls that combative typically you're with a person you are not compatible with and who doesn't respect you. You deserve to be heard and you should never be shoved into a mold that you don't fit. Your opinion matter to the people who value you and even during disagreements a person who values you will try to understand and communicate looking for compromises. Someone looking to win and control is looking to rule a person not love them. Maybe couples counseling will help but it's never to late to start over. Based on the fact that you posted this I'd say you know you don't want to wake up beside this person in 5 years. Good luck building a life you look forward to waking up in.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything the above poster has said.

I want you to know that you are not alone in how you are feeling. I have been where you are and ultimately came to the decision to leave having worn myself into a state of depression trying to please someone who could not be pleased with me. You have to look inside yourself to find out where to go next, trust your instincts and not your fear - deep down I am sure you already know whether you want to stay or go.

For me, walking away was the best thing I ever did. I am not yet where I want to be but I am living life on my own terms in a way that is authentic to who I am. I hope that you find some peace soon and are able to gain clarity on how to move forwards.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If an environment or person is toxic --evdn if this person is you -- change is possible. No exceptions. Get up and manifest the life you want.