Weight loss slowing down

Options
My weight loss seems to have been slowing down a lot now that I’ve lost a stone. I’m currently a stone away from my target weight and I went from losing 1lbs (sometimes 2lbs) a week to now only losing 0.5lbs a week.
I know a loss is a loss, it’s all good as long as I’m not gaining but I’m quite confused where I could possibly be going wrong.
I do 10k steps 5x a week & I eat 1400 calories.
Should I be increasing my calories a little bit more as according to many sites my bmr is 1487.
Or should I increase my exercise??
Or maybe I should just relax lol weight loss can be stressful sometimes

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Nothing is going wrong. The closer you are to goal, the slower it goes because the less room you have for deficit. relax and let it be slow. Maybe take a diet break for a couple of weeks if you need one.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Took time to put it on, takes time to take it off. PATIENCE is what many people lack when it comes to weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    That's normal. A smaller body needs less energy for your organs to work, for blood to be pumped around; every movement costs less energy because there's less of you. Thus yeah, it does slow down. Patience! Oh, and well done.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    The last 15 pounds took me nine months, when I had lost that much in a couple months when I first started.

It ain't easy when you're close to a healthy weight already. Biology is all about survival, and cutting calories when you're close to a healthy weight goes against instinct, so it requires quite a bit of discipline. For me that was using my digital food scale for everything. Preparing all my own meals. Cutting grains way back to one portion a day. Cutting out ice cream and pizza and wings (they are foods I don't eat in moderation, it's all or none. NONE is much easier for me.)

Keep going. Patience is what's needed, and good nutrition.