Or . . .

nxng1yq9qk5t.jpg
  • Jamesever
    Jamesever Posts: 51 Member
    Options
  • rondajo56
    rondajo56 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I too am from SP. I joined a group called NEEDING SUPPORT WITH WEIGHT LOSS. The group was started by my leader from SP. Check it out. Join us. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU THERE!!
  • jettrout
    jettrout Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How do you find that group?
  • Jamesever
    Options
    @jettrout - Message @rondajo56 for directions, if needed. Other Sparkpeople groups will continue forming until August.
  • Jamesever
    Options
    m6plapg3khiy.jpg

✍🏾 Choose Peace

Today's Healthy-Happy-H@ly Do List . . .

🌟Organizing 🧑🏾‍💻
    🌟Nurturing 🫂
    🌟Enjoying 😊

A Story:

"Life without love" is how Michael phrased the rhythm of his bluesy "Who's Loving You" live rendition I listened to on serious repeat late into the evening. It's a proposition worthy of consideration after reading this morning's passage about living in peace and being slow to rankle feathers, even those in the northeastern tip of Missouri.

They're calling for a mass "Protest Against the Birds" that they believe are all drones. 🙆🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Dear Future,

Peace is hard for humans. That is all.

James 😊

It's going to be that way for a while, especially when they find their next three-word slogan for an election near you. 🪶🪶

Michael, please sing again.

"Who's loving you? I wonder."

Me, too, Mike. There's another protest heading for NYC, something about the "vexinne" (that's how they spell it to get it through the internet filters that would spare us seeing their posts). There are angry birds—🐦 or should I say drones—nearly everywhere, and when they flock together, they can be loud enough to drown out what we'd rather have of peace and calm. 🤔😇 And it's a full moon, too. Meh.

I think I'll host a mini party tonight and play "Who's Loving You" on repeat for the beginner dance lesson until the dancing's right, slow and easy. 💃🏽🕺🏾

Meanwhile, I better set my internet filter to remove all hints of news today, even the Brits are in a provoking mood, drifting their sailors into the Black Sea just to ruffle feathers. Choose a little more of peace, please.💂🏾

I hope you're mindful of finding a comfortable rhythm for the day ahead, something that'll keep your head well above the ⛅ clouds, above the fray of things, a place where peace passes all understanding. Choose there.

Source: Chapter 25: Verse 8

Source: Ever have a song stuck in your head? Here you go . . .

https://youtu.be/UqXIR3pqU8w
  • SPARKIN0N
    SPARKIN0N Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Peace to you Sparkster! Thanks for the music, thanks for the post! B)
  • Jamesever
    Options
    tb5so3tsrsgm.jpg

✍🏾 Honor the right things

Today's Healthy-Happy-H@ly Do List . . .

🌟Honoring 😇
    🌟Inviting 💯
    🌟Managing 😊

A Story:

There are so many good things. I'll consider my work done as long as the work encompasses two concepts I found in today's reading: honor (kabad) and stones (eben).

The verse has several renderings throughout history, including one by Martin Luther. I see the gist "as honor the right things." You can read the actual verse for your own interpretation. 👨🏽‍💻👩‍🎓

Honor (kaw-bad') has the obvious meaning, which entails glory and splendor. However, one of the etymological paths includes the suggestion of a heavy burden, something requiring a certain strength of character for the stumbling blocks of life. Honor is a weight of its own. It demands something in return—integrity. 🤔

Stones can be heavy, too, and they're used for all sorts of things, mostly, as the texts says, for building things. There's even a connection to children in one definition. In the ancient days of unpaved roads, stones (eben) were used for slingshots, the weapon of choice for felling whatever obstacles one encountered. The stones had to be fitted firmly in the sling and come out when needed.

Honor, too, should be firmly held in the character of one's life. It, too, has to come out when needed—those crucial moments that speak so much to who we truly are when life really presents us with all kinds of stones for stepping over in achieving a goal. We've gathered lots of words about those moments.

"Live to fight another day."

"That's not the hill you want to die on."

"Mind your own business."

These are a few words we've built for obstacles, for remaining silent in the comfort of kitchen, blinds drawn for coffee, and more pleasing conversation. ☕

"Pour me another cup of happy, please." 😊🤪🤯😎

Honor is a burden, a heavy lift. 🏋🏽 It makes me appreciate those who do the hard work in the body when acquiescence would come so much easier. 😇

I remain grateful for those kinds of folks, especially those who storied themselves into a legacy for memory over the past year. It was, and still remains, a heavy lift. 🙏🏾🗽💪🏽

I appreciate the weight they lifted, the burdens they bore, the decisions made for a people to unmask again and breathe. Those are the moments bearing the weight of honor. They are good stepping stones for following. 🫂🌍😊

Source: Chapter 26: Verse 8

• Jamesever
    Options
    wjn7bnwq3ldy.jpg
  • Jamesever
    Options
    qwhfyfl73p8c.jpg
  • Jamesever
    Options