Who's had WLS? Accountability?

Options
Hi everyone! If you haven't had WLS, please no judgements. But if you had Weight Loss Surgery and would like to keep each other accountable, please add me. I been looking for friends that had WLS, we can keep each other accountable and coach each other on each other's goals. I'm looking for some motivation because lately, I just feel like im stuck.

Replies

• lcbeard412
    lcbeard412 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am currently preparing for VSG and doing the required 3 months of supervised diet and exercise. I anticipate having surgery in the fall. We just bought a treadmill for at home and I'm also doing some strength training at a gym on a 60 day Fit Rx membership through our local health system.
  • Katherinelittle24
    Katherinelittle24 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congratulations on making this huge step in your life! :) If you need any encouragement at all, im your gal! I am on like phase 4 to phase 5 of the program which is in the middle of between soft foods and transitioning to solid foods. Before surgery, I had to lose 70lbs so I lost 70lbs in 4 months to get VSG! I was at 470, my biggest and now im at 355lbs :) I had surgery about seven weeks ago.
  • mm0513
    mm0513 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am having VSG surgery in less than a week - June 29th! I'm excited, nervous, all of it. Currently on the liquid pre-op diet. How are you feeling after your surgery?
  • KimShea01
    KimShea01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had RNY 14 years ago. I'm not sure about VSG, but RNY still is working for me all these years (and one extra kid) later. I still have to watch my food and take my time and chew thoroughly or I regret it. I don't always track my food, but from time to time I do as a reminder/reset. Zero regrets.