Help! Bored with carrots and celery

Options
Hi All,

I am trying to add more veggies to my diet and am looking for some tasty snack suggestions that I can keep handy in the fridge. Does anyone have any simple tasty favorites other than carrots and celery? I like them both but am looking for variety.

Replies

• earlgreygirl09
    Options
    I like cutting up bell peppers (yellow and orange are my favs) into strips...and eating them with hummus! Mmmm.....
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I snack on pitted dates. They have almost a chocolate taste and texture.
    I eat Sunsweet Pitted Dates because they are packed the best to stay fresh and soft.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    In addition to the other suggestions so far, sugar snap peas are awesome. You can usually find bags of them already washed near the bagged salads in the grocery store.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers and lettuce wraps

broccoli and cauliflower

brussels sprouts are good to me but might be an acquired taste
  • Crystal3004
    Crystal3004 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Green Giant have nice frozen veggies in a bag...i think they are titled healthy colors...makes it really easy to eat veggies and they are really good...they have to be if i will eat them...cause i hate veggies!
  • richardholt2011
    richardholt2011 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes. Put them in your mouth whole and bite. They explode. Best thing to happen foodwise since growing up.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    for my bedtime snack i've started slicing up an entire cucumber with some red pepper hummus. you feel like you're eating SO MUCH but a whole cucumber is hardly any cals :D soooooo yummy too (and easy!)
  • dlovesjimma
    dlovesjimma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    cherry tomatoes - but please don't put them in the fridge, it ruins the flavor. Cucumbers with a little salt or pepper are delicious. Snap peas, zucchini or yellow squash sliced in spears are good as well.
  • ygrad2001
    Options
    I love cucumbers and tomatoes in apple cider vinger, a little but of sugar, and salt and pepper.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I like cutting up bell peppers (yellow and orange are my favs) into strips...and eating them with hummus! Mmmm.....

This! Also, I really like cut up cucumber slices soaked in white vinegar!
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes. Put them in your mouth whole and bite. They explode. Best thing to happen foodwise since growing up.

mmmm here here I love cherry tomatoes, I buy baby plum tomatoes and they are so sweet and delicious you can't help but eat them!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Veggies
    asparagus, sweet potato chips/fries (like slice the sweet pot yourself, not buy them from the store)

fruits
    avocados and olives are grand snacking.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I like eating half to whole avocados with a bit of sea/kosher salt. Small salads. Asparagus. Frozen steamable veggies. Sweet potato fries. Cherry tomatoes.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    baby corn, mangetout, sugar snap peas, radishes, swede and turnip are surprisingly tasty raw too
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a "farmer's market", they are a great place to see what is being offered this season. Most markets will have samples and recipes. Your city will have a website where your local fresh markets are located. Other than vegetables, why not some fruit too?
    Nuts also...
  • ScoutMom1
    Options
    For me, bell peppers (green or red is what I like) as well as cucumbers and cauliflower.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Peppers cut into strips, cucumbers (which I usually dip in a serving of ranch dressing), sweet potatoes, although I haven't tried them raw, I make sweet potato fries with them. As for fruits- peaches, pluots (delicious!), apples, oranges, pears, pineapples. We usually go to a local farmer's market or farm stand once a week to stock up on our fresh stuff, it's amazing what you can find there.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Rutabaga cut into sticks like carrot sticks.
    Crunchy with a savory bite. Yummy with hummus.
  • chollingshed74
    chollingshed74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    try some homemade salsa...tons or recipes online and all low calorie, low fat :)