Mexican restaurant

Options
2»

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    There is a reason why Mexico distinguishes itself as the most obese country in the World. Its their diet.

What is the source for this? When I look it up, their obesity rate isn't even in the top ten and it's below the US.

Jane, I was just starting to think you made some sense in your posts. But, you obviously cannot help yourself.

Mexico ranks the most obese country in the world in adult obesity (as of 2013), and first for childhood obesity with about 4.5 million children diagnosed as such. Mexico passed the United States as the most obese country in the world.[4] The prevalence of overweight and obesity is 16.7% in preschool children, 26.2% in school children, and 30.9% in adolescents. For adults, the prevalence of overweight and obesity is 39.7 and 29.9%, respectively . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_Mexico#cite_note-who.int-4

I followed the WHO link that is referenced on this Wiki page. I can't find any reference to specific countries/rankings on the WHO's Obesity information page. Can you post a direct link to where on the WHO site it states this information? I'm sorry that I'm too stupid to find it myself.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    Is there anything low cal at your local chain mexican restaurant? What is your go to if you are going out to eat at a Mexican restaurant?

Since December, I've been limiting fat and saturated fat and find this really helps reduce calories as well, since fat is 9 calories per gram vs the 4 calories per gram of carbs and protein. So you could avoid fried foods and foods that have a lot of cheese.

You could also get higher fat foods and have smaller portions.

I recently got a chicken mole dinner and made three meals out of it.

When I get takeout from Chipotles, I will buy a burrito bowl without sour cream or cheese, divide it into two portions, and have it with a salad I make myself. (Yes, Chipotles has salad options, but my way is more frugal.) I will add fat-free cottage cheese to make up for some of the missing dairy for far less calories plus a protein bonus. Sometimes I will add my own low-fat sour cream.