Digestive System

Options
I was talking to a personal trainer awhile ago and we had a conversation about the digestive system. He made interesting point that as much food you take in (i.e. eat a meal 3 times a day) your "movements" should match (i.e. meaning should at least 3 x's day). It totally makes sense, because he says the longer we keep waste in our bodies it becomes unhealthy for my body.

My question is does anyone take anything like tea or vitamins to encourage/promote the digestive system?

Thanks!

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I do! I go 3-4 times a day!!

Amy's herbal tea! It's ammmmmmmaazzzzzing!!

http://www.amysherbaltea.com/
  • kirstiey
    Options
    i go 2 to 3 times a week!!!!!
  • jimmychoo2shoes
    Options
    I have definitely been in the 3-4 times a week camp for most of my adult life. I'm doing the clean eating thing now and this seems to help. I'm going most days once and twice every once in awhile. I heard that maybe drinking some warm water with lemon in the morning jump starts the digestive system. I haven't been able to jump on this but if I get down my regualar healthy eating routine I may try to add this in. I'll have to check out the Amy's herbal tea.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i go 2 to 3 times a week!!!!!

+1

And this only started when I started dieting. Before I would go 1-2 times a day. I don't worry about it too much.
  • Latai
    Latai Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do! I go 3-4 times a day!!

Amy's herbal tea! It's ammmmmmmaazzzzzing!!

http://www.amysherbaltea.com/

Thanks! I drink green tea mostly, but I haven't any tea help me in the digestive system area! I'll definitely need to check this out!
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Everyone's GI tract is different. Even doctors say it's okay to go only 3-4 times per week. "Regular" means different things to different bodies.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Promote the digestive system? What does that mean? If you mean pooping on a regular basis then you don't need tea or vitamins, just the proper foods. Foods loaded with fiber like raw vegetables, beans, whole grains (old-fashioned oatmeal, quinoa) and lentils.

If you aren't getting at least 25 grams of fiber per day by eating the proper foods you can mix fiber powder into any soft food (cottage cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, soup, etc) or mix into a glass of water or black coffee. I've used Wal-mart's Equate brand, it's tasteless, clear and sugar-free.