Desk Job....

Options
Are there any exercises I can do while im just sitting at my desk?!

This is killin me. Im so exhausted and i am barely keeping my eyes open.

Blah.

Thank you.

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    keigels. Discreet, and simple!
  • dlovesjimma
    dlovesjimma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I switched out my office chair for a ball, I look silly, but I love it.
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options

That just made my day!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Depending on the setting, would it be possible to have your desk elevated, so you could stand at it? You could get a tall stool for times that it was absolutely necessary to sit.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    At my workplace, they allow us to bring in the big exercise balls and sit on those at our desks. It really helps strenghten the core muscles just sitting there working and trying to balance. Add some bounces in too! lol
  • jbdowns35
    Options

That just made my day!
    Doing them now :)
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

BEST post of the day!!!!!!!
  • StacyBee92
    Options
    I have a desk job and tend to leg raises on my chair. Also do like mini squats by going to get up(only a few cms off my chair) and sitting back down again. Or if no one else is in the kitchen whilst making a drink I do proper squats lol. Not too much you can get away with sitting down :S
  • mermezee
    Options
    I love the idea of the ball instead of the chair...smart. u probably do look strange but your core will be excellent!
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    do like Stanley did on The Office, he would raise a phone book with his legs under his desk...just an idea :drinker:
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Are you able to get up and walk around? Go outside on your breaks and lunch.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hmm That's a great idea, the ball that is...
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Do bicep curls or other arm exercises while you are on the phone. Sit up straight and keep your core engaged.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm at a desk talking on the phone all day, while waiting for calls I'm known for doing squats and lunges, my co-workers have adjusted to the movement and some even get up and march behind their chairs now also.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You can strengthen your calves, ankles, and anterior tibialis muscles by doing these...slow and simple

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCSgYiUqGhA

You can do them seated or standing. I also recommend resistance bands, since it's easy to pack and allows you to do leg exercises in your chair!
  • Angiebug1969
    Options
    Are you able to get up and walk around? Go outside on your breaks and lunch.

We do this at our facility... you'll see people walking laps around the perimeter of the parking lot... 2 laps is 1 mile!

Also, when I get a call at my desk, I'll stand to take the call.... it not much, but it's something! I also take the stairs everyday!
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    TONS! Google is your friend.... I found so many fun things to do!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

These are a given. Lol.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I brought my ball to work today , I'm for sure being teased but I don't care