Whats the best kind of ice cream for a healthy diet?

Options
124»

Replies

• jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the "have a small portion of the real stuff" camp.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Breyers.....all natural, no funky ingredients and soooo good!!! Just portion control!!
  • bsktlvr
    Options
    I watched a news show the other and Dr. Ozs' daughter (I think) wasn't pleased with the Skinny Cow. She said there was too much stuff in it that we didn't need. (like a lot of other foods, right?) Anyway, here are a few options you may like:smile:

Homemade smoothie pops. Blend up your favorite smoothie combination and pour into popsicle molds. Freeze and enjoy!
    Homemade fudgcicles. Make an avocado chocolate pudding, scoop in to popsicle molds. Freeze and enjoy!
    Breyer’s Naturals Vanilla Ice Cream; evaporated whole milk, cream, sugar, egg yolks, natural vanilla flavour and pure ground vanilla bean. Easy to read ingredient list! I like it!
    Turtle Mountain’s Purely Decadent Soy Ice Cream. Dairy and lactose-free, certified organic, and they support sustainable agricultural practices.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    what's in my freezer?

2011-08-19%25252019.46.18.jpg

2011-08-25%25252020.41.34.jpg
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It's not ice cream, but I stumbled upon this and I like it better than ice cream.

http://www.islandwayproducts.com/default.asp

The coconut sorbet is to die for! My MIL gave me a variety pack that had the coconut, mango, pineapple and pomegranate. All were good.. but the coconut, my husband and I fight over.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    what's in my freezer?

This was an evil EVIL post! :wink:
  • Tiffuni
    Options
    thanks thats good to know because i usually buy sugar free...yikes
  • Tiffuni
    Options
    I agree!!!
  • st1nkypinky
    Options
    SKINNY COW!

10974506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Here's my poem/song about ice cream:

"Good Stuff"

Arctic Zero is a poser
    Skinny Cow is full of s**t
    If I'm gonna eat some ice cream
    All that fake stuff is unfit

Why eat the artificial flavors
    Why eat the weirdly textured trash
    Enjoy the good stuff, good stuff
    Guilt-free, yummy -- here, share my stash

Ben and Jerry's, Breyer's Natural,
    Trader Joe's, and gelato too
    My freezer is full of scrumptious
    Those Weight Watchers freaks have no clue

Give me the good stuff, good stuff
    Real milk, real sugar, and real cream
    Add some fruit, some chocolate
    For a dessert that reigns supreme
  • Healthier4Life
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!

When can we all come over for a snack? :D

what's in my freezer?

• Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Cute poem!

I love ice cream (only a few kinds though, I am picky), but I haven't been eating it for a while. Lately I am trying to up my calories and fat intake since I eat too few, so I thought some good, natural ice cream could help. I bought the Breyers Dark Chocolate Velvet, but here in Canada it is higher calories/fat and different ingredients than the one in the US.

I also make chocolate frozen yogurt with strawberries, yum! It is low fat/calories though.

I also don't eat things that are labelled "low fat" or have artificial ingredients in them. I get migraines from a lot of different flavour enhancers, so I really have to watch what I eat.
  • isabellammm
    isabellammm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just got Blue Bell No Sugar Added Country Vanilla. (I'm pretty sure that's the flavor). It's only 90 calories per 1/2 cup serving!!! And it tastes just as good as any full sugar, full fat ice cream. Compare it to Haagen dazs ice creams, some 280 calories for the same amount... Definitely recommend it
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My favorite is one banana and 1/4 cup coconut milk. Chop a banana put it in the freezer for 2 hours. Remove from freezer and blend in a blender with a 1/4 cup milk (I use coconut milk) until creamy. Delicious and all natural for 120 calories .
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Cute poem!

I love ice cream (only a few kinds though, I am picky), but I haven't been eating it for a while. Lately I am trying to up my calories and fat intake since I eat too few, so I thought some good, natural ice cream could help. I bought the Breyers Dark Chocolate Velvet, but here in Canada it is higher calories/fat and different ingredients than the one in the US.

I also make chocolate frozen yogurt with strawberries, yum! It is low fat/calories though.

I also don't eat things that are labelled "low fat" or have artificial ingredients in them. I get migraines from a lot of different flavour enhancers, so I really have to watch what I eat.

Thanks ;)

Those migraines are your body's way of telling you not to eat that trash!
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sweet recipe, thank you. I will try that out. :) (re Almond milk, protein, etc)