Booty Gains????

Options
Any females working on their booty gains, would like some motivation and friends! Please leave tips, tricks and anything positive.

Replies

• itsmira
    itsmira Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I naturally have a big booty but I the line between a girl with a big *kitten* and a big *kitten* girl is fine lol. Working on turning my Jello into J-Lo
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be following this thread, losing weight has really started to flatten my backside unfortunately! I will need to compensate for that.
  • brandyalexis22
    brandyalexis22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012 Same! I got pretty sick and couldn't eat, I lost my shape and butt. I miss it so much lol
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My tips are to follow Bret Contreras on IG and YouTube, buy his books, etc.

Agree with this
  • MissBraeBee
    MissBraeBee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting booty bands to help with that! Mine are Arena Strength but you can find some on Amazon as well. They are loop resistance band you can use for almost all your exercises.
  • zac296caz
    zac296caz Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Squats are good to build the lower half overall, but it doesn't exactly give you a larger butt. Make sure if you do American dead lifts, RDLs... Flex with your glute muscles....
    All the exercises you try and do focus on where you are flexing or pulling from.

Also, you need to track your calories... Most of us need to be in a caloric surplus to gain muscle. This might mean you will gain some fat.

Cellulite is a natural and will stay on your body stubbornly! Strength training will not get rid of it!
    It will move it around a little.
    The only thing that maybe helped me is when I use foam rollering everyday and body brushing.

I'm ethnically shaped to be top heavy, my shoulders are wider than my low waist, and my quads were already there. I avoid regular squats and jumping exercises now :-).
    Slowly see what strength training exercises does to your body. It's really trail and error when you are creating the new shape you want.
    Have a lot of patience with yourself!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    Realize that having a bigger butt relies on your genetics as well. You can do all the training in the world correctly and STILL not create a bigger butt like you see in mags. Just like guys who train hard for bigger calves but can't get them.
    You CAN enhance the current shape you already have. For my clients, if glutes are the target we do a lot of weighted hip thrusts, curtsy squats, sumo squats (wide stance) and walking lunges.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I definitely concur that genetics play a part, and just because someone looks to have a "big butt" doesn't mean it's a strong butt. I've also had a bigger butt, but it wasn't all that strong...which contributed to low back problems. Also, our posture while standing also contributes to looking like we have a bigger butt, but not in a good way! I tend to stand with a bit of anterior pelvic tilt, which gives the illusion of a bigger butt...but means weaker transverse abs and back problems, too! Working hard to have a good balance of strong butt AND TA muscles. I've noticed that as my posture has improved, my butt actually looks a bit smaller.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I'm also currently focusing my workouts based on booty goals! I just restarted the Strong Curves program by Brett Contreras - I've done it previously and had great results!!! Check out the reddit forum, there's a lot of really great before/after photos there.
    If you're a beachbody fan, 80 Day Obsession is also a really great program for building a butt! I did this program last year after the gyms closed because it's a program you can easily do in your home. Reddit also had great before/after photos for those who have done this program as well, they're really motivating!

My advice is to invest in some good quality fabric bands. I add them in for a lot of moves and they definitely give me extra resistance, whether I add them in for weighted or bodyweight exercises.