best digital scale

Options
Our digital scale just broke. I'm looking into purchasing a new one & was just looking for some suggestions on which ones everyone is using & finds accurate, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Kim

Replies

• dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to hear about this too ...
  • peddlepusher
    Options
    bump
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Me too!
  • hefinator
    Options
    I bought mine on Amazon.com, and I LOVE it! It's a KINTREX Precision Bath scale. here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/KINTREX®-Precision-Backlit-Technology-Capacity/dp/B002HIAY8Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1315933993&sr=1-1

I've had it for almost a year now, and its amazing. its as accurate as the scale at my doctors! :)
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I use "The Biggest Loser" model. It has a large base and big LCD display that is easy to read. I find it very accurate and consistent.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!

This one :

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE

1000+ positive ratings!

Eatsmart digital plus!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    In my experience, the best one is one you can easily return. I bought a $30 one at CVS one that never gave the same weight twice, then found a no-name glass one at the discount store for $20 that is accurate to the ounce. The reviews on Amazon suggest that the quality control on all these scales is pretty bad, so test test test and hopefuly you will get a good one.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Taylor and Tanita are very accurate brands. Consumer Reports rates Taylor model 7506 as the best but I own Taylor model 7344 and it's very accurate too. Don't waste your money on scales that claim to measure body fat%, or other non-weight measurements as they simply don't work; meaning they aren't accurate.

Taylor digital scales are available at most retail stores like Target and Wal-Mart.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're measuring. I've seen ones that measure to the thousandths in grams. I find those rare gems at smoke shops.
  • mowrites
    mowrites Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you mean the cheap one my husband bought at walmart might not be accurate? :noway: lol
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're measuring. I've seen ones that measure to the thousandths in grams. I find those rare gems at smoke shops.

bwahahahaha
  • Tarheelgrl4life
    Options
    Yep I have the Biggest Looser Scale too. Big base and sturdy.
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    Someone else mentioned Tanita. I have the "Jenny Craig" Tanita and LOVE it. (Especially when it reads like I want it to!) o really like that it's programmable to keeps stats for up to 5 people. It's very consistent and accurate. It claims to do body fat & water weight or something, but I don't pay that any attention - on my husband's advice and he's the tech guru & fitness junkie in our house.

Hope this helps. Having a reliable scale is really important, I think. Good luck!
  • Tiffany919
    Tiffany919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i found out last night that my personal scale (tanita um-061) and my bf's parents' scale (super old norelco) that i've been using are both way off. they're both old so i figured it'd be good use of my xmas gift $ to buy a new one. i just purchased the "EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology" off amazon. can't wait for it to arrive. looks like my starting weight may have been 4 pounds heavier than i thought....ouch.
  • SheWillNotFail46_5
    Options
    Taylor and Tanita are very accurate brands. Consumer Reports rates Taylor model 7506 as the best but I own Taylor model 7344 and it's very accurate too. Don't waste your money on scales that claim to measure body fat%, or other non-weight measurements as they simply don't work; meaning they aren't accurate.

Taylor digital scales are available at most retail stores like Target and Wal-Mart.

Got my digital Taylor scale from Target 3 years ago on sale for 20 bucks. It has survived 3 moves and an 18 month old who thinks it's funny to step on and off and on and off and on and off my scale! Recently checked it against my doctors scale (they swear it's calibrated) and it was accurate to a tenth of an ounce.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I use "The Biggest Loser" model. It has a large base and big LCD display that is easy to read. I find it very accurate and consistent.

Ditto, I've had this scale for over 2 years and it's great imo.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I use the Escali Primo (http://www.escali.com/primo-best-selling-kitchen-scale). I bought it because it was well reviewed by consumer reports. I find it to be pretty accurate--it does not randomly change results when you reweigh things like some other scales do, and I have tested it against things of known weight and found it is pretty accurate. It's also easier to use than some other scales I've had. It's about $40, but I found mine on sale for considerably less (like $14), so it might be worth shopping around.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I use the Escali Primo (http://www.escali.com/primo-best-selling-kitchen-scale). I bought it because it was well reviewed by consumer reports. I find it to be pretty accurate--it does not randomly change results when you reweigh things like some other scales do, and I have tested it against things of known weight and found it is pretty accurate. It's also easier to use than some other scales I've had. It's about $40, but I found mine on sale for considerably less (like $14), so it might be worth shopping around.

Wrong type of scale completely. Duh. Sorry.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I got a Health O Meter split mat digital scale at WalMart for $15 and it works mint! Shows the same reading if I get on 3 or 4 times in a row and seems to synch up pretty well with the fancy shmancy scale in the gym. Shows weight to 2/10 of a pound.
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    av bought mine frm ebay bt u cn go for weight watchers scale