Binge :-(

ecroce9452
ecroce9452 Posts: 1 Member
I had a very large binge yesterday, I’d estimate around 4000 calories over my caloric intake. I’ve been steadily losing weight and I’m about 15 pounds down, and I’m panicking because the last thing I want to do is see the scale go up. How quickly will the added weight dissipate??i do not want to weigh myself until I can be certain that my body has returned to its normal state. Thank you .

Replies

• pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    I think overeating for one day will not make a huge difference to your actual weight, aside from bloating or water weight. From a total layman’s perspective I think you should look at your daily intake and consider increasing calories slightly- you may not be getting enough to eat if binging is happening. Be really nice to yourself! You still got this. Give it a few days with the scale. Don’t try and punish yourself, and don’t panic! Give yourself some extra kindness and keep going.
  • carochan86
    carochan86 Posts: 1 Member
    When it comes to weighing yourself just do it the same time aka morning , afternoon night that you usually do.
    I agree with the person above who thinks maybe your not eating enough calories which is causing you to binge.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Own up to it. Hiding from it doesn't teach you discipline. When you face it, then you will have a better understanding of how a binge may affect you. What's done is done. One day WON'T disrupt a month's work if you're consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png