Calling all vegans!!

Options
I am really considering beacoming vegan, but I like to meal plan... So what do you all eat for breakfast?? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• SummerHuizenga
    Options
    FRUIT!!!!!
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Try nomeatathlete.com for some vegan recipes.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with fruit or cereal with almond milk
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Coffee with almond milk and a delicious piece of fruit is always good.
  • niebla
    Options
    Yes! become vegan and you will be saving countless animals a lot of suffering!

I've been vegan for 16 years

I normally have cereal with soy milk or strawberry jam on toast and tea, I have fruit as snacks so not for breakfast, although bananas are nice on cereal.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    54 oz of green smoothie! Every day! Then I eat fruit all day until 1ish and then switch to a small salad of veggies for a snack until dinner. Hmm, last night I had chock full of veggies chili with sprinkled daiya on top. Tonight, making roasted potatoes and egpplant. Tomorrow, making french toast with almond milk! :)

There are SO many food options for Vegans! I was a good cook before, but my flavor combos are even better now! I am actually a vegetarian, but on the road to Vegan. I have cut out all dairy plain, but when out will have a muffin or something (eggs and milk I'm sure). But, it's only been 6 months, feeling good about it! Even have vegan shoes. Wel some of them! LOL

Good luck!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Typical day for me:

Breakfast: Veggie burger.

Lunch: Banana, salad.

Dinner: mashed potatoes.

Yeah, I'm lazy. Haha. Feel free to add me and check out my diary, though sometimes I don't know for sure what I'm eating for dinner so don't add that on until later in the day.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I was a vegan, I would sometimes mix it up and eat a "non-breakfast" food for breakfast. Sometimes I would have a Boca burger on a piece of toast with lettuce, tomato, and onion with a baked sweet potato on the side. Super filling, healthy, and complete with protein.

Good luck! I loved being vegan, but due to some health stuff it became easier to go back to including fish, eggs, and cheese into my diet.

I think you'll enjoy it, even if you only do it 6 out of 7 days a week or something like that. It is very emotionally rewarding as well as healthy, if you do it right!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a big bowl of oatmeal (old-fashioned Quaker or generic) with almond milk, with some peanut butter added! I like a big breakfast, so my bowl ends up being about 450 calories most days, but sometimes I cut it in half and it still keeps me pretty satisfied.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Try Fiber One cereal, soy milk with a piece of fruit chopped up in it. Speaking of vegans, I just found this recipe for a vegan. I’m not one, but it sound’s yummy!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/vegan-black-bean-soup/detail.aspx
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with one date, some apple, walnuts, tablespoon hemp seeds, cinnamon. Pour boiling water over and cover with a plate for about 5 minutes. That's it! I have that most days, especially days I have class, and keeps me full while adding iron and fiber. Sometimes I have a kale and fruit smoothie, but not every day because I try to limit my sugars and the fruit in a smoothie plus if I eat fruit before a workout adds more sugar than I want, but it's an easy way to get a lot of nutrients in.
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Fruit and oatmeal! Check out the PETA accidentally vegan food list, it WILL change your life :) Oreos are vegan too, the creamy milky middle everyone loves is really SOY :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Fruit and oatmeal! Check out the PETA accidentally vegan food list, it WILL change your life :) Oreos are vegan too, the creamy milky middle everyone loves is really SOY :)

Sometimes I wish that Oreos were not vegan... :laugh:
  • arispawild
    Options
    Oatmeal
    (Made with water or coffee)
    Cereal and Almond milk
    Cereal made with coffee
    Fruit
    Toast
    Bagel thin with a boca patty
  • onlyonewilson
    onlyonewilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I try to always eat as much protein in the am as possible... Like oats and almonds some fruit mixed in. Or a smoothie. Sometimes I bake something for the week and eat it, like whole wheat cinnamon rolls with blackberries. Check out www.peasandthankyou.com ... I live by that cookbook. It is easy, vegan, and non-processed.