Wore shorts yesterday... for the first time in 15 years!

By glance, I am not overweight and yet for the longest time, I have had the crippling fear of wearing shorts out of fear that someone would look at me and think that I have no business showing my legs in public. Yesterday however despite not being where I want to be physically I said F it! It's too damn hot to be self-conscious. Wear the damn shorts (I've had them in my drawer for years...finally took the tags off). I came downstairs and my entire family stared. My husband seemed relieved that I had finally gotten over "it", my kids were super proud and kept telling me how great I looked and honestly, the only thing I was worried about was how obvious it was that my legs needed sun. So I overcame my fear and what happened? Nothing. I did not cook on my 6k walk with the pup, I got to teach my girls that self-acceptance is just as important as self-love... and the world did not stop to shame me. So conclusions.

Weare the damn shorts. Show your damn arms. If anyone has a problem with it tell them to cover their eyes. Life is too short to make everyone happy so just focus on you and yours.

Replies