Looking for fun friends

Options
Hi fitness pals. Please friend me. I’d like to lose 10-15lbs and I’d like to make some fun friends along the way. I’d love to have your support.
Thanks

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,500 Member
    Options
    Wow 24 views and no one is fun? Y’all are so serious!

I’m old as dirt and not particularly fun, but I’ll bite. Sending you a request.

Tbh, at least amongst my friends, which is a pretty varied group, it’s kind of a 5% thing. 5% regularly post what they’re up to, or comment with advice and support.

I’ve found the general community forums to be WAY more motivating and informative. (Sorry, friends! You in the 5% are great! )

I attribute much of my success to the Community here and recommend (beg!) people to spend half an hour a day soaking it up. You are going to learn so much, and you can easily do it while binging Netflix (HGTV in my case. See? I told you I was no fun!)

Welcome to MFP, let us know how we can help you, and much success to you!
  • Tacosnbeerthatiswhyiamhere
    Options
    Thank you Spring. I think HGTV and myfitnesspal makes a fun Monday night! I’m excited to be back onboard with myfitnesspal. I’ve used the app to lose weight in the past and I’m hoping to lose this last 10-15lbs. Thank you for being my friend:)
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I’m kinda fun and I am just getting back from a hiatus from being on here. Getting better at Lofo g daily but I suck still. And btw first time flippers gives me anxiety and I yell at the TV like I’m watching football :). Request being sent
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,500 Member
    Options
    taglazar1 wrote: »
    I’m kinda fun and I am just getting back from a hiatus from being on here. Getting better at Lofo g daily but I suck still. And btw first time flippers gives me anxiety and I yell at the TV like I’m watching football :). Request being sent

Then check out the HGTV series “Comedians on Couches”. Even my husband likes that one.
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    taglazar1 wrote: »

Then check out the HGTV series “Comedians on Couches”. Even my husband likes that one.

I like HGTV, gives me some great ideas for home improvements, just people not knowing some
    Of the basics hurts my brain. Like turning off electric and water before swinging a sledgehammer.
  • kryvons
    kryvons Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I keep seeing this thread but I’m not fun so I haven’t said anything. I hope you find people who are, though! And good luck on your journey!
    Also - I love your username!
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Always looking for mutually supportive friends.
  • CTtugboating
    CTtugboating Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm fun and stupid and goofy and motivated lol. Just got back on the calorie counting wagon myself and need folks to hold me accountable. I've been "fat" my whole life and was on a hot streak a few years ago, lifting and getting strong, running, eating right, and then I let it all go to *kitten*. Happy to be mutually supportive if you'll have me!