Help me pick my meal

Options
Ok, I know the answer to my question is that I should eat what makes me happy, etc. etc., but I have recently returned from a 3 week vacation where I gained about 7 pounds (and I waited a week to weigh myself so it wouldn't just reflect water gain) and I am trying to do a little damage control to get back to goal and back to maintenance so I'm trying to be a little more rigid than I normally would.

I am going out to dinner with friends on Saturday and not much on the menu looks very calorie friendly. If you care to share your thoughts, here is a link to the dinner menu. I am deciding between the Seared "Brick" Chicken which I would eat without the skin (but I'd probably eat the toasted sourdough), or the Seared Verlasso Salmon. Reading the description with my caveats, which would you guess has fewer calories?

http://budandmarilyns.com/Menus/Dinner 6.12.pdf

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    With the sides, the chicken might be fewer calories, and 1/2 chicken might also include tomorrow’s lunch or dinner.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,726 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends what the rest of your day/week looks like. If you can cut a few (say, 50-100) calories every day for the few days leading up to it, then choose whichever one sounds the most appealing on the day. Like others suggested, put half aside and eat a smaller portion, and enjoy what you get!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the shrimp buns because they sound tasty, low in calories, and I wouldn't need to worry about a doggy bag.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Interesting thought with the shrimp buns. If they are like bao buns you may be right, but the “hot buttered” description concerns me. Maybe I can ask about that