day three, feeling sore and lazy.

Options
gotta get motivated to take my kiddos for a walk but my legs are sore and I'm tempted to skip it or shorten it. advice?

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Put your shoes on and go outside.

If that doesn't make you feel like going, skip it.

Odds are once oyu've gotten that far you'll feel like doing at least a short walk and/or the kids will push you themselves because THEY want to go.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I am in year 30... consistency is king. More so than the mode of exercise. Mindset is everything. Just do something...
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    As others have said, just go. Doesn't matter how long or short, fast or slow. And forget about motivation! Motivation comes and goes. You want to build the HABIT of walking (or any type of exercise.) Once it becomes a habit, you don't even think about it, it is just "what you do" by default. That takes awhile, but is the key to long term success IMO. Best of luck!
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Agree with all. Getting out the door is sometimes the hardest part but you never ever regret doing it. Not doing it leads to regret
  • CTtugboating
    CTtugboating Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GO! GO! GO! GO!

My wife told me at 6:45pm last night that she wished she had time to work out yesterday but she was so tired. I said, you have 45 minutes RIGHT NOW. She grumbled. I repeated myself. She grumbled a little less. I repeated. She worked out for 45 mins and felt great.

The days where it sucks. The days where you are sore. The days where you just want to curl into a ball and go to sleep. THOSE are the days you need to press on. Because any day that you workout, is better than a day you do not. I don't care if it's a 20 minute brisk walk around the block.

A rolling stone gathers no moss and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.

GO GET SOME!!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Yup. Everything counts. Especially in the beginning. Just get out there and walk a bit if you can. The soreness will pass in a day or so. Don’t overdo it. Just some gentle walking and stretches.
  • ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The soreness should get better as your muscles warm up on your walk! Sitting still for a long time always makes my soreness worse. If it's summer where you are, a short break on a nice hot park bench can feel nice if your legs aren't bare. :D
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,806 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @ElfBodGoals

Brief thread hijack here. Twenty years ago I went to a Tolkien fantasy convention in Germany. I (obviously) had to go as a Hobbit.

I was so envious of all those willowy, gorgeous, Middle Earth chic damn elves.

Even if your “elfbodgoals” have no relationship whatsoever to Tolkien, it just makes me happy and giggly every time I see your name.

If ever there’s another RingCon, I can be an elf next time.

“From Hobbit to wood elf”. How’s that for an NSV?

• ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @ElfBodGoals

Brief thread hijack here. Twenty years ago I went to a Tolkien fantasy convention in Germany. I (obviously) had to go as a Hobbit.

I was so envious of all those willowy, gorgeous, Middle Earth chic damn elves.

Even if your “elfbodgoals” have no relationship whatsoever to Tolkien, it just makes me happy and giggly every time I see your name.

If ever there’s another RingCon, I can be an elf next time.

“From Hobbit to wood elf”. How’s that for an NSV?

YOU GOT ME! I call myself a hobbit all the time and I call my mid-morning snack a second breakfast, it's 100% a Tolkien thing!!