How do I count calories right?

Options
inegvin
inegvin Posts: 2 Member
Ok, so the app suggested me a calories limit for 1200 per day.(I need to loose a few kilos in two months) And I follow this limit quite successfully. But what should I do with my trainings? Let’s say I ran 10km for an hour this day and the app counted this exercise as 500 extra calories burned today. So should I eat more (1200+500) to keep my progress safe for my body, or I still eat 1200 and the exercises are just a bonus?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed for you eat back your calories burned. So, yes, eat them back.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat them back.
    Keep in mind that the lowest calorie amount MFP will give you is 1200 calories. You say you only have a bit to lose. There's any chance you won't be losing at the rate you selected as it would require a too high calorie deficit. Too high is unhealthy, and it doesn't matter if you create it by eating less or by exercise.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you too much credit for your exercise….I eat back 25% to 33% of my extra calories….this way I do not go under 1200 calories a day and I still can eat some extra food!