Pandemic withdrawals!

Options
Since the country is opening up slowly but surely, name a food item/establishment you can't wait to eat?
I've been craving a funnel cake.

Replies

• sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    sounds silly, but I want to be comfortable eating in the Costco food court. We always have pizza before we shop, so we don't shop hungry, and eating in the car is hot and uncomfortable!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,588 Member
    Options
    sounds silly, but I want to be comfortable eating in the Costco food court. We always have pizza before we shop, so we don't shop hungry, and eating in the car is hot and uncomfortable!

Oh, that reminds me! I do miss the demo area in Trader Joe's and hot bar in Whole Foods (my waistline doesn't tho) so hopefully those will come back.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Since the country is opening up slowly but surely, name a food item/establishment you can't wait to eat?

For me it was my favorite local Indian restaurant, but I was able to go a couple of weeks ago. The food was better than ever, they added some delicious new apps, and the people were as nice and friendly as always! 😋
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I ate in a restaurant inside for the first time since all this on Friday and it was fun. There's no specific place I'm missing (lots of places that didn't before do take-out started it bc of covid), but I did miss the experience of dining out with friends. We've done get food and eat outside in the backyard with neighbors, but I didn't even do eat at a restaurant outdoors until a couple of weeks ago.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I ate in a restaurant inside for the first time since all this on Friday and it was fun. There's no specific place I'm missing (lots of places that didn't before do take-out started it bc of covid), but I did miss the experience of dining out with friends. We've done get food and eat outside in the backyard with neighbors, but I didn't even do eat at a restaurant outdoors until a couple of weeks ago.

I really hope places continue to have outdoor dining; it's a lot of fun!
  • Sara3veg
    Sara3veg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We continued to eat out during the pandemic (just did drive through/take out). We've been eating inside restaurants for a while now though, as our states restrictions are pretty much done with. I'm still frustrated sometimes when grocery shopping though, as there's definitely still shortages happening with some products.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I really hope places continue to have outdoor dining; it's a lot of fun!

Agreed. We had it before (weather permitting) at plenty of places, but there are more options now.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I've already indulged, but the best thing was sitting in a dark movie theater and eating buttered popcorn again.
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    For me it's kind of the opposite: I'm hoping I will continue to lose as things open and I start going out more.

I live in what was one of the original Covid "hot spots" and so lock-down came early, hard and fast. And being "morbidly obese" (at the time :) ) put me at greater risk, so I pretty much stopped going anywhere except the supermarket once a week.

Now that things have opened up, I'm starting to go out more, and it's harder to keep to plan. I've been doing things like saving calories earlier in the day, and doing my best to still track the restaurant food, and so far, so good. I just hope I can keep it up, becuase I am really enjoying going out and meeting people again!
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: »

For me it was my favorite local Indian restaurant, but I was able to go a couple of weeks ago. The food was better than ever, they added some delicious new apps, and the people were as nice and friendly as always! 😋

Same here! We got takeout last year for Mother's Day and New Year's Eve, but they're not good with online ordering...as in they don't start making it until you actually arrive to pick it up at the designated time. It's also about 20 minutes away.

We don't go out to eat often, but I do miss not having to cook or clean every once in awhile, plus the stuff I just can't recreate at home.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I miss traveling more than food. I also miss being able to go out without a mask on. I had Covid AND have been vaccinated and a lot of businesses in California still require a mask. I completely understood the need for masks before when there were a lot of cases, but not now when our rates are the lowest in the country.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I miss traveling more than food. I also miss being able to go out without a mask on. I had Covid AND have been vaccinated and a lot of businesses in California still require a mask. I completely understood the need for masks before when there were a lot of cases, but not now when our rates are the lowest in the country.

I'm in California also and to many. VAriants and the numbers fluctuate a lot and Ive been vaccinated also, but since I cant risk getting sick again I'll stay masked, the vaccine and mask don't guarantee we won't get sick again. Stay well and do whats best for you.

My family definitely miss traveling, but a lot of people we know still traveling regardless to covid, I guess were just not risk takers. I'll stay right here till things get way better. 🤗🙃♥️
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I miss my favorite Haitian restaurant Sunday brunch - but it will have to stay that way for some time
    Vaccinated, but still wearing my mask when I venture out and will continue to do so
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

This is me, I get a hot dog. It’s the only place I even like hot dogs but theirs are so good. I eat one for lunch and then I shop, impulse buying is already an issue for me at Costco, going hungry is a disaster on my budget lol.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Similarly, I miss the pizza in Sam's Club cafe. I don't even shop there, but it's one of a dozen places close to my office where I usually meet my dad for lunch and I've missed that.
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have been vaccinated and eating out for a while now. Yes, I sure missed it, but going back to it really sabotaged my diet efforts.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Panda Cuisine Saturday buffet.

It's not your strip-mall take out Chinese buffet. This place is legit with a 4 star Szechuan chef. I crave the spicy fish & tofu, pickled lettuce and the seasonal veggies- whatever they may be