Squeaky Elliptical---HELP!

Options
My BF brought home an elliptical yesterday that his friend gave to him. After only a minute on it last night I understand now why it was free. Any movement on it is impossible without it squeaking and creaking alot and when I get to a certain point of a revolution on the left side the pedal shifts and feels and sounds like a thud. Does anyone know how to fix this? We've tried tightening the screws and also we were going to replace the washers with plastic ones. If it helps it is a Gold's Gym Stride Trainer 300. Thank you!

Replies

• KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. One of the foot plates on mine squeaks really bad but it doesn't bother me too much because I can't hear it over my music when I'm using my iPod. I am going to buy some WD-40 and spray the crap out of all the joints, screws, etc and see if that helps!
  • karenx30
    Options
    Mine does the same thing!! It drives me nuts, but like mentioned above, music helps drowned it out.
  • ferg1911
    Options
    Check Lowe's or HD for something called liquid graphite. It's usually in a can branded by Dupont on an end cap in the tools area.

What differs it from WD-40 or other lubricating oils is that its not an oil, its graphite suspended in a liquid which evaporates. It doesn't have the chemical smell, doesn't attract dirt/dust since its a dry lubricant like 3-in-1 oil or WD-40 will.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Mine is also annoying!!! I wish I could figure out where the squeak comes from.