Who else has a lot to lose?

Options
I’d love to start an accountability thread for those of us who have a lot of weight to lose. I won’t assign a number to what that means—just jump in if you feel like this is you, and you’d like some support! I plan to update this thread regularly with how things are going for me, and I’d love to cheer others on as well.

Personally, I’m starting small with the hope that it will help this be a sustainable change for me. I’m currently just tracking calories with the goal of losing about 1 pound a week, and I’m trying to increase my general fiber and protein intake. I’ll gradually add in other efforts as I get the hang of this.

My General Stats
Height: 5 ft. 8 in.
Starting date: June 8, 2021
Starting weight: 268.6 lbs.
Current weight: 265.4 (3.2 lbs. down)
Goal weight: 160
Starting BMI: 40.8 - Class 3 Obesity
Current BMI: 40.3
Goal BMI: < 25
Current daily calorie limit: 1970 calories
Current dietary and exercise goals: maintain a calorie deficit, increase overall fiber and protein intake

Feel free to share your stats below!

Replies

• wornoutmamabear
    wornoutmamabear Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’m not really into the whole sharing stats thing. But I am down 30lbs with another 63 to go.

That’s great progress, wow!
  • FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I’m considering doing the same during vacation. Almost nervous that I’ll get caught up in the sugar cravings again but think it’s a better approach than just winging it.
  • befpty
    befpty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have quite a bit to loose too. I was doing pretty good since Feb at appox. 1.82 lbs a week, but these last 6 weeks the scale has not budged. I plan all my meals and watch my macros. I have been increasing my protein. I walk everyday 30 min. and have on avg. logged 8-10K steps daily. I don't know if I should adjust my total daily calorie intake down. I just want to see the progress happening again so perhaps by next spring I will be at my goal weight.
  • justcandi12
    justcandi12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @ashleycarole86! I look forward to it. 🙌🏻💪🏻
  • LindsayMaria78
    LindsayMaria78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - That’s awesome! I wish I had somewhere to go biking. I lost so much weight about 10 years ago when I was biking back and forth to work. 🙂

@kellibee2000 - I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself! That will make it so much easier to stick to.

@justcandi12 - Welcome! You’re going to do great!!
  • LindsayMaria78
    LindsayMaria78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @lketty - Congratulations on being able to quit smoking! 🙂👏🏼 Friends of mine have said that’s the hardest habit to give up, so hopefully eliminating alcohol will come even easier.
  • lketty
    lketty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @LindsayMaria78

Thanks! To be honest, it was a walk in the park compared to adjusting my eating habits, for me. I enjoy eating so much. Why are unhealthy things so delicious? 🥺

Anyway, thank you for the support :)