Anyone who does Juicing? I was inspired by the movie "Fat, S

Options
Was hoping to find other people who juice frequently!! If so, feel free to offer an suggestions, recipes, or add me as a friend!

Replies

• beccaperez
    beccaperez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in juicing after seeing the movie fat sick & nearly dead! Do you know where we can get some of the juicing recipes?
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    You can get all kinds of recipes from www.jointhereboot.com.

I try to juice as much as possible, usually every morning for breakfast. At first, I would do the mean green juice, but I've been trying out different variations with pears, oranges, and coconut water. You just have to work with what you like and what... you don't like so much. Personally, I love extra cucumber and spinach. At first, it was a bit tedious with cleaning, but it gets really easy after a while. Definitely try it out if you're interested.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I juice occassionally now after watching that documentary. Loved it! I did a 30 day detox after seeing the movie about 3 months ago and lost 20 pounds. I was surprised how great I felt and was not nearly as tempted to cheat on junk foods while juicing. The toughest part for me was transitioning from all juice to whole foods. My body took a few days to adjust and I had a few bad experiences digestionally if you get my point.:) Now I'm at least 30 pounds lighter as well. I may detox again in the future because I really think it helped get a lot of crap out of my system. I don't crave sugar nearly as much and I really feel like my taste pallet is different than before the juicing:) Go for it! Good luck if you do- there are many people wanting to tempt you and try not to watch too much tv- the amount of food on tv is ridiculous and messes with your mind! Any other questions feel free to ask---they have a website - not sure what its called- they can tell you on facebook- as well and you can look them up on facebook lots of people on there juicing:)
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I juice every morning for breakfast. 1 weekend a month I do a juice fast. Next summer after the garden harvest, I am gonna do the 60 fast like in the movie.

I use the Breville Ikon. Research juicers first and foremost. There are 3 primary kinds of juicers and they all do 1 thing better than the others, so find what sounds like is gonna work for you.

An average breakfast juice for me consist of 3 apples, 3 leaves of spinach, 4 carrots. I try to do 20 oz juices.

Below is another thread that I have contributed to regarding juicing. Some decent information there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/298719-juice-fast-guidelines-help
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I juiced for awhile last year. I stopped because it started getting alittle expensive buying fresh fruit and vegetables all the time. It wasnt so bad if i was the only one juicing, but my hubby and kiddos liked the juices so it started adding up! i started juicing again awhile back but i only do it on the weekends.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I juiced for awhile last year. I stopped because it started getting alittle expensive buying fresh fruit and vegetable all the time. It wasnt so bad if i was the only one juicing, but my hubby and kiddos liked the juices so it started adding up! i started juicing again awhile back but i only do it on the weekends.
    Yes- it does get expensive- but do it in season---though if you do it where this is all you consume- I was even surprised how it equalled out in expenses compared to buying all the products for meals etc. I figure it as an investment into my body's well-being and overall health. You can also use frozen fruit , just thaw and then juice- similar benefits:)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    can i ask you what did the 30 day detox consist of? is that all you drank for 30 days?