New here, need female friends

Options
Hello, I'm looking to add (or add me) female friends for motivation to lose some weight.

I'm 128 lbs, 5'3. I'm working on cutting down calories to lose weight slowly. 😊

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!

IMO, slow loss can be a really good approach, when there's relatively little left to lose. I lost quite a bit of weight back in 2015-16, but over the past 12-18 months have lost a few vanity pounds really super slowly (*really* slowly, like less than a pound a month!), by intention. It was practically painless! Now hanging out around 124-125 at 5'5", planning to stay in this zone, roughly.

I don't know whether you're planning on being *that* slow, though (it's not necessary, it was just my preference right now). I have to say, with normal pound or few water weight fluctuations day to day, a slow loss rate (like half a pound a week, say) can take a while to show up clearly on the bodyweight scale. If calories are dialed in right, though, eventually it does show up in the longer-term trend.

I'm kind of a poor-quality MFP friend (more of a Community forum gal), but wanted to reply to your thread to welcome you, wish you success with MFP!

• keekee_2
    keekee_2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend. I have four pounds to go to my interim goal and 15.6 for my final goal.