I'm a soul man

Options
Jamesever
Jamesever Posts: 51 Member
✍🏾 Refresh your soul

Today's Healthy-Happy-H@ly Do List . . .

🌟Supporting 🫂
🌟Encouraging 🫂
🌟Appreciating 🫂

A Story:

I'm a soul man.

Got what I got the hard way
And I'll make it better each and every day
So honey, don't you fret
Cause you ain't seen nothing yet
I'm a soul man, I'm a . . .

How fitting that today's verse translates as "acquire a mind that loves soul." I kid you not. Look for yourself and find the Hebrew etymological origins. I've come to expect these kinds of things.

The English word "soul" leads to the sea, where they believed it returned, or something like that. In Hebrew, the soul is nephesh, which originates from naphash, meaning to refresh or to breathe. The word also embraces desire, passion, and appetite as well. 😋❤😊

For me, today means a day of rest, the freedom from doing what the weekdays demand. I'll refresh myself that way. It's Saturday. Who planned this verse to occur on the nineteenth of June?

Happenstance. 🤔

I had to work a bit to sort out the meaning, considering that the original text simply stated that those who love wisdom love their soul. There were other possibilities awaiting. "I'm a soul man" was too there to pass up, especially today—Juneteenth.

I wish I could claim to have known about Juneteenth from some childhood celebration or from some campfire conversation about the cotton fields or that antebellum drawl that hangs around like smog in LA. I was taken up with other things under the deep southern skies—the fig tree for purple picking and backyard pickup games ending with a splashing hose over the head when things got hot. That day went unremembered, a privilege for growing up unknowing, free for exploring the whole range of being.

"You made it buddy! Congratulations."

It was a first-class seat to Sydney, the land down under with its own Southern Cross in the sky. He thought I knew of certain things only—thought most of the mind lived in color, for life. 🌍

I follow the soul I love—that airy nothing of local habitation and a name. I call that my freedom. Today is freedom day, and freedom is a most excellent thing. It is freedom to choose a design for happiness as one sees fitting, a way of living out meaning for life, a way of refreshing the soul for getting there, wherever there is for getting. It is a day of festive rest.

I hope you find rest today, a way of refreshing, recharging, and renewing whatever it is that will get you there in the end. Soul.

Source: Chapter 19: Verse 8 (KJV)odepasi6t4wb.jpg

Source: I'm a Soul Man

https://youtu.be/FTWH1Fdkjow

Replies