Who else has a lot to lose?

I’d love to start an accountability thread for those of us who have a lot of weight to lose. I won’t assign a number to what that means—just jump in if you feel like this is you, and you’d like some support! I plan to update this thread regularly with how things are going for me, and I’d love to cheer others on as well.

Personally, I’m starting small with the hope that it will help this be a sustainable change for me. I’m currently just tracking calories with the goal of losing about 1 pound a week, and I’m trying to increase my general fiber and protein intake. I’ll gradually add in other efforts as I get the hang of this.

My General Stats
Height: 5 ft. 8 in.
Starting date: June 8, 2021
Starting weight: 268.6 lbs.
Current weight: 265.4 (3.2 lbs. down)
Goal weight: 160
Starting BMI: 40.8 - Class 3 Obesity
Current BMI: 40.3
Goal BMI: < 25
Current daily calorie limit: 1970 calories
Current dietary and exercise goals: maintain a calorie deficit, increase overall fiber and protein intake

Feel free to share your stats below!

Replies

• wornoutmamabear
    wornoutmamabear Posts: 29 Member
    I’m not really into the whole sharing stats thing. But I am down 30lbs with another 63 to go.

That’s great progress, wow!
  • FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 29 Member
    @ashleycarole86 I’m considering doing the same during vacation. Almost nervous that I’ll get caught up in the sugar cravings again but think it’s a better approach than just winging it.
  • befpty
    befpty Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, I have quite a bit to loose too. I was doing pretty good since Feb at appox. 1.82 lbs a week, but these last 6 weeks the scale has not budged. I plan all my meals and watch my macros. I have been increasing my protein. I walk everyday 30 min. and have on avg. logged 8-10K steps daily. I don't know if I should adjust my total daily calorie intake down. I just want to see the progress happening again so perhaps by next spring I will be at my goal weight.
  • justcandi12
    justcandi12 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you, @ashleycarole86! I look forward to it. 🙌🏻💪🏻
  • LindsayMaria78
    LindsayMaria78 Posts: 8 Member
    @ashleycarole86 - That’s awesome! I wish I had somewhere to go biking. I lost so much weight about 10 years ago when I was biking back and forth to work. 🙂

@kellibee2000 - I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself! That will make it so much easier to stick to.

@justcandi12 - Welcome! You’re going to do great!!
  • LindsayMaria78
    LindsayMaria78 Posts: 8 Member
    @lketty - Congratulations on being able to quit smoking! 🙂👏🏼 Friends of mine have said that’s the hardest habit to give up, so hopefully eliminating alcohol will come even easier.
  • lketty
    lketty Posts: 9 Member
    @LindsayMaria78

Thanks! To be honest, it was a walk in the park compared to adjusting my eating habits, for me. I enjoy eating so much. Why are unhealthy things so delicious? 🥺

Anyway, thank you for the support :)
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 87 Member
    Hi @heatherbluebell, welcome!

@wornoutmamabear Yes! My job is sedentary, & if I make an effort to stand up, stretch a bit & walk around my office for just a few mins, how much those steps add up & how much better I feel at the end of the day.

So, I was really nervous to do my first full run through of the workout the gym designed. It's 30min cardio machines, 30 lifting. I can't believe I got through it, felt like I got a great workout, but didn't feel like I was super sore, or going to die! I'm very thankful to the staff who took their sweet time with me so I could feel confident working the equipment correctly & use good form. I'll be doing cardio tomorrow, then the full workout again Sat. On Friday I'm home with me kiddos, so I'll go something physical with them so I can sweat & they can have fun too.

Here are my stats for the curious:
    Age 37
    5'5"
    Hw 278
    Cw 276.8
    Goal: Keep up with my family during a full day of siteseeing.
    Short term goal: do full workout 3 days per week, 30 min cardio 2 days per week for 6 weeks.
  • helsbels2621
    helsbels2621 Posts: 6 Member
    Me! I need to lose around 8st but can't seem to shift any although the tape measure is showing great results! I need to do loads of exercise to shift the weight so building that up!
  • wornoutmamabear
    wornoutmamabear Posts: 29 Member
    How’s everyone doing?

My weight loss has steadied out a bit, but I still lost about a pound in the last week. Also, I’ve lost 2 inches off my hips and 3 inches off my waist since I started tracking earlier this month!
  • itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    I've got over 100lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • cswirl76
    cswirl76 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey there! I'm Carrie. I'm 45 and married. I'm currently at 230 lbs and want to land around 150 lbs (in the "heavier" end of normal BMI). I'm actually thinking more about measurements than weight, if that makes sense?

I gained weight during lockdown, but I haven't been good with my eating/exercise habits for a long, long time. I tend to snack when I'm upset or sad OR happy - and I'm trying to get out of the "food = reward" mindset.

Weight for me is a health issue more than anything. I have ME and I can feel my body is much happier with a lower weight and slow-release carbs as well as regular meal times. I also have a bad left knee (work accident) and strong leg muscles are really key to keeping my knee steady.

Currently biking a lot on my city bike, but thinking of adding in swimming (which I'm bad at but nevermind! I won't drown!).

Hello accountability pals!
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 87 Member
    Wow @wornoutmamabear that's fantastic! I'm glad you're seeing clear progress!

@ashleycarole86 that's so inspiring! I'm so excited for you to hit such a meaningful place!

Hi Carrie @cswirl76 adding you ;) I just started getting serious about this a week ago. I'm in my late 30's, 276lbs, and I just want to be able to keep up with my active family and have adventures without my body holding be back (trail hikes, siteseeing, traveling, that sort of thing). I also want to be healthy so I can be around for my kids as long as a can.
    It sounds like you have clear goals and reasons for making this a priority too. Swimming is excellent, and actually sounds like a fun way to add more healthy movement to your routine. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress!

How was everyone's weekend? What's one thing you'd like to do a bit better this week?
  • cswirl76
    cswirl76 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey @kellibee2000 - I've added you back :)

This weekend was good! I'm having knee problems after a couple of days of biking, so will take it slow for a few days. I'd love to be better at substituting carbs in my diet. Feel like I'm forever eating fruit, pasta and rice. Even though I'm hitting targets right now, there has to be better options out there for filling me up!
  • justcandi12
    justcandi12 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone! I started last week assuming I weighed 280 pounds, weighed myself and turns out I weighed 294, then 290 on Friday. This morning I weighed myself at 298.7!! I don’t understand it’s also that time of month for me I don’t know if that makes any difference. Anyways despite what the scale says I know we do have non scale victories and well of course as it takes time to notice. I get very unmotivated during that waiting period. This week I start weight trading and a little bit of cardio. My mini goal right now it just to lose ten pounds!! Long time goal is just to be under 200 lbs. Good luck to everyone on here and I look forward to hearing everyone’s updates as they are very inspiring! 🙌🏻 We all Got this!! 💪🏻