From Sparkpeople to MFP

Hi everyone, I'm new here. :)

I'm a 40-something mom of two girls and an elderly dog. I love gardening (both indoors and out), yoga, hiking, cooking, and my new COVID hobby is keeping fish - I have a 10-gallon aquarium and a large paludarium, which also holds about 10 gallons. Hubby has four tanks, so we have a lot of glass and water in the house. :) Sports I've enjoyed include running, rock climbing, and judo: I can't throw or hit a ball worth crap, but I do enjoy activities that challenge me and also accomplish something tangible. I lift weights or run on the treadmill if I have absolutely no other option. And as a Canadian, in winter time, sometimes there is no other option. :#

I was a member of SparkPeople for many years, and had lots of success when I was consistently using the site. I made some great friends on there, and the tools on the site were a huge help in getting my health where it needed to be. I loved the trackers, the communities and blogs and teams, and the recipes as well. It was a great experience and I'm sad to see it go.

Lots of people recommended MyFitnessPal, so I'm here to give it a try! I like how it links to my Garmin, the food and exercise trackers are pretty intuitive, and I'm happy with my experience so far. I'm looking forward to making some new friends here, and finding some old ones that have migrated over as well, no doubt.

Happy to have new friend requests!

Replies

• wndrlndqueen
    wndrlndqueen Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in the same boat! Also 40-something mom of two girls, also been on SparkPeople for years. I'm sad to see it go, too, and am curious to see how I adjust to MFP.
  • sarakenna12
    sarakenna12 Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2021
    Good to meet you! I've been using MFP off and on for years. Mostly off for the past year, but it's time to get back on the wagon and start working off my Covid 15. :neutral: We have a lot of the same hobbies!
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Hello😊 I'm also moving over from SP. I have 2 kids as well and was using SP for years. I've utilized MFP before though so I know it's a good site.