Anyone Whos Done The Zig Zag Cycle?

Options
Ive saw a few posts about the zig zag cycle and wanted to give it ago!

Im wondering if you have to start on a monday or can you start on any day as i would perfer to start on a friday as i weigh myself then..

Would also like to hear if anyone lost weight, how much? (any within a week) if you found it hard?
And if you lost weight did you re-gain it after wards?

Thank you :happy:

Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Lol...I haven't started it yet..as I just found it the other day..but have been zigzagging anyways with my workout schedule...haha :wink:
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    Do you know if u can start on any day or if it has to be a monday? Have you noticed a difference yet? x
  • crickettm
    Options
    Rachael:5'3
    HW: 184
    SW on MFP: 160
    CW: 153.6
    GW1: 145 10/31/2011
    GW2: 135 12/31/2011
    GW3: 130 01/27/2012 Happy Birthday to me!!
    UGW: 120
    Wife of 19yrs
    Mom to 1 college student, 2 High school twin boys, and a 4yr old boy...talk about a challenge ;-)

i am with you Rachael....i have a 27 y/o, 24 y/o and a 10 year old.....challenge is saying it lightly....lol
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I stuck with it for just over a week, and I plan to go back to it once life settles down a bit (we are int he process of moving from one state to another). Here is what I posted on another thread last week:

So I've been doing this for just over a week, and I've lost 4 lbs so far. It's crazy because I didn't even lose that much when I first started oh so many months ago. I've been averaging 4-5 lbs a month since the beginning, no matter what I was doing, so losing that much in a week was a surprise. I doubt I will continue to lose at that rate, but I'm happy for this week. :) Here's what I've been doing...

Day 1 - 1081 net (max deficit)
    Day 2 - 1081 net (max deficit)
    Day 3 - 1881 net (maintenance)
    Day 4 - 1081 net (max deficit)
    Day 5 - 1081 net (max deficit)
    Day 6 - 1881 net (maintenance)
    Day 7 - 1081 net (max deficit)
    Day 8 - 1081 net (max deficit)
    Day 9 - 1881 net (maintenance)

I make sure I workout on the max deficit days, burning 416 calories, so I can eat 1497 calories. The hardest days to stay around my goal have been the maintenance days for some reason. I have to resist the urge to "cheat" beyond the extra calories. :)

*Edited to add that this averages out to 1310 or 1424 net calories per day, when figuring it out weekly. :)

--Since going back to my normal 1400 calories a day intake (net) I have lost another pound. You don't have to start on a Monday, just whatever day you want Day 1 to be. Good luck! :)
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    Thanks for sharing,, I hope i lose 4lbs lol thats a great loss isnt it. :wink:

Keep up the good work and im going to start my day 1 on friday ill post result next friday :happy:
  • geri1955
    Options
    what is zigzag cycle! there's only 1 zigzag I know about!!!! lol :/ ) :laugh:
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works. start any time. It keeps the body guessing how much to burn,and helps keep metabolism up.