do you type what you eat before or after you eat it?

Options
princess0lexi
princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
how do you do you`re food? like ok for example i food every thing i eat on MFP before i eat so i can plan and see what everything is going to be (like carbs sugar protein) do you put in before you eat or after?? i put in what i am going to eat before i eat it so i know what = 1300 cals which is what i eat.

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Yea I typically log before I eat it to get an idea.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do both. I pre-log my lunch, dinner, late snacks, but generally eat my breakfast and my pre-workout meal/snack/whatever before I mess with MFP for the day. So as soon as I have time I tend to pre-log the whole day. Then I adjust as necessary as I go. Helps keep me on track, and pre-logging doesn't leave me with a "crap.. I didn't eat enough fiber or protein today" because I've already planned on meeting my macros by pre-logging it.
  • brimamatenn
    brimamatenn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I pre-log meals that way I know what snacks to bring to work with me. Or if there's something I'm craving, I'll pre add it so I can plan my other meals and snacks around that.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Depends on what it is. I do a quick copy of things i have made for the week that I am going to eat every day at work. I usually copy recipes and cook them but make changes afterward based on what I actually put in them. I don't whip out my phone to add what I am eating at a restaurant, I wait until I get home or I pre-load if I am going somewhere that has the calories published - just to keep me honest.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I do both. If I pack stuff for the day I do pre-log it since I know I will be eating it. I can always delete stuff. All the rest of the time I log after I eat stuff.
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I usually log what I think I'm going to eat in the morning. What I eat is kinda boring and mostly the same thing so that's easy enough. When it's something unexpected, sometimes I have to enter after I eat. (Example: I am going dancing tonight and they have a buffet so I'm not sure what I'm going to eat and so I will have to estimate and enter after I get home.) I also will put high calories items in my log before I eat them so I can test whether I really want that item. Sometimes I get shocked out of eating that item.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’m a night person. Sleep-walk thru mornings. I check at night to see what I have available, prelog accordingly. For breakfast, I eat exactly what is logged. By noon, I’m starting to wake up, so I may add or subtract something. By supper, I’m fully awake, and heck with what’s pre-logged. I eat what I want. Then start all over.
  • Paleo_Babe
    Paleo_Babe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I sometimes pre-log my breakfast, lunch and snacks so I know what I'll be having for dinner.
  • AmyBeth_TN
    AmyBeth_TN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Usually after, unless I know I am getting close to my calories and I put it in before so I won’t overeat and have to change it. LOL 😂
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch at the same time I make breakfast, and log them both while eating breakfast.

Dinner is usually after. Afternoon and evening snacky foods I try to log before (helps me say "no" before I do something I'll regret.)
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Usually before so there are no high calorie surprises. I even record tomorrow's food the day before.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I prep breakfast and lunch for the week on the weekends and pre-log those for the whole workweek, and i plan dinners to yield leftovers to eat later in the week and log that in advance as well. I try to log before as much as possible.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I've tried pre-logging but find myself changing my mind so often it makes me crazy. So I log after the meals. If I log at all. Getting lazy I guess.