FROZEN MEALS.. not all of them are bad!

I'd just like to leave a little review on a frozen meal by Lean Cuisine. Today I bought the "Fajita-Style Chicken Spring Rolls" and WOW they were delicious!! 200 cals in 1 serving of 3 spring rolls & 15g of protein. I know that some people say those frozen meals are not as good for you as we think they might be, but I figured hey.. why not. It looked delicious & my, it WAS SOOO delicious. As long as you're keeping tabs on your sodium, carbs, cal, sugar intake.. all of that.. I don't see anything wrong :)

If you haven't tried them and want a quick frozen meal for lunch or dinner.. try it! It was a great buy :)

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    I agree! I do like some of the frozen meals too! Besides, I think it's a lot better than fast food!
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    I eat lean cuisine too, you are right some of them are sooo good.

CURRY
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    I love the smart ones by weight watchers
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    If you watch your sodium at other meals than Lean cuisine is a good choice. It really helps me with portion control.
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    I eat lean cuisine most days for dinner. Its just easier for us than cooking. Also we eat a lot more if I cook. I may fill it out with a vegetable, salad, or fruit.Many of thier dinners are tasty.
  • kaycee526
    kaycee526 Posts: 56 Member
    have you tried the spinach artichoke anytime snack? 190 calories and I think it is really good. It works great for me for a midday snack because I tend to eat 3 smaller meals around 200-250 calories each during the day and then eat dinner. Love the spinach and artichoke dip!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    I am also a Lean Cuisine fan. It really has shed light on portion control & they are yummy. My fav is the Glazed Turkey Tenderloins. It's like a little Happy Thanksgiving to me any time I want. :)
  • since im the only one eating differently at home, i eat frozen meals every night. smart ones, healthy choice, lean cuisine, and michelina's.
  • PC blue menu has a cheese and spinach cannelloni that is drool worthy... 230 cals for two good size pieces. hubby came in the other night while i was having them, and he said, 'if you knew how good that smelled, you'd eat it faster before someone else eats it for you' :)
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    I'm not trying to be a troll but...yuck. All frozen meals are gross to me- regardless of them tasting good, being convenient or having what seems like decent macros.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    I agree, I like the Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones...they are great when you don't have time to cook, they are better than fast food, and help to teach portion control. Enjoy! :smile:
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    how much sodium is in it?

i try to stay away from sodium - for example, a whataburger breakfast taquito is like 440 calories, but then it has 1200mg of sodium.. to me thats just gross.

not trying to be negative on your - frozen meals arent so bad post. just sayin :-)
  • since im the only one eating differently at home, i eat frozen meals every night. smart ones, healthy choice, lean cuisine, and michelina's.

Wow thanks everyone for the responses!! I think it's great to know that some of us can eat frozen meals & still have progress with weight loss. It's true, it's great on portion control as well!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    Ok, I'll take your word for it and give it a go :-) WW ready meals though - my poor stomach thinks my throat has been cut - a step too far in portion control for me!
  • how much sodium is in it?

i try to stay away from sodium - for example, a whataburger breakfast taquito is like 440 calories, but then it has 1200mg of sodium.. to me thats just gross.

not trying to be negative on your - frozen meals arent so bad post. just sayin :-)

Most of the lean cuisine meals I have tried range in the 300-500 sodium .. but all are different!
  • I love frozen meals. I am sure I eat them more than I should, but they satisfy and keep me out of the kitchen when I don't have to be there.
  • Lean cuisine and smart ones make great snacks that are mostly lowfat, i love those too!
  • Lean cuisine and smart ones make great snacks that are mostly lowfat, i love those too!
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    how much sodium is in it?

Most of the lean cuisine meals I have tried range in the 300-500 sodium .. but all are different!

wow thats not really all that bad at all then! i had a chick fil a breakfast burrito today with 900mg of sodium! and a chick fil a burrito isnt even a frozen meal! (maybe it is i dunno)
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    I just had the Kashi black bean enchillada and it was excellent! Very tasty and filling for 260 calories. I will definitely buy some more, since my hubby is on call for the rest of the month. I know I will be eating some dinner by myself :)