Eating After Workout.

Options
I just got my *kitten* kicked at the gym. I burned 634cals.. I had my oatmeal and banana around 11ish and I'm not hungry... Do I eat anyways?

Replies

• smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    try snacking on an apple for now.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    something with protein, helps muscles recover. You may have drank a lot of water and that is why you feel full. Good workout :)
  • docHelen
    Options
    i'm often not hungry after a work out....just wait until you are.
  • leese559
    leese559 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    as long as you have a fruit or veggie you should be good!
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    good burn, IM ALWAYS HUNGRY BEFORE THE GYM...

eat a small snack
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but eating after working out is the most important meal. You have a 15-45 min window for your muscles to gain even more nutrients. So, yes. Eat away, at least a 2-1 carb - protein ratio.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    you need a recovery drink and/or a protein shake ;-)

& then, when you are hungry..have your healthy/hearty lunch
  • dlovesjimma
    dlovesjimma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually force down a green smoothie. non-fat milk or almond milk, 0% fage yogurt, peanut butter, spinach or kale, and frozen no sugar added fruit.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    after a hard workout I just feed my muscles a small protein shake, but don't eat until I'm hungry. Isn't eating when we are not hungry what got us into this mess?
  • ruthyluv
    ruthyluv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My previous fitness trainer used to always tell me to have citrus or an orange an hour before my work out and to make sure to eat protein within an hour after my work out.
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    YES! You always eat after gym, if you worked hard or did weights. The best idea is to eat protein, this way your muscles, instead of being shred for energy, will be preserved and will develop nicely, helping you to lose more fat.
    Besides that, if you have some sort of craving, you can indulge a little bit after gym because that will not get stored, but will get burned due to the recent intense exercise.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    you need a recovery drink and/or a protein shake ;-)

& then, when you are hungry..have your healthy/hearty lunch
    I agree.
    I usually have a protein bar introduce after, then lunch later.
  • suzibrew
    Options
    I usually go to gym first thing and then come home to make a protein shake (almond milk, protein powder, banana & peanut butter). This morning I was starving and had the protein shake first.....big mistake, it was like a brick in my stomach during cardio, won't be making that mistake again : )

susan
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    I did a yogurt, strawberries and carrots. Is that okay?
  • janeinspain
    Options
    sorry for the double.
  • janeinspain
    Options
    As I said, you need protein. And yogurt has very little of that. Only greek yogurt has some noticeable protein level.