Conditioning Diet To Do Before Weight Loss

Options
Hey everyone! Just thought I would share this with you. I used to be a member at a local weight loss clinic. It was a very healthy way of losing weight. A nutritionist put the program together, and nurses guide you through your weight loss. It is based on healthy eating, exercise, and basic lifestyle change....it is not a diet. Unfortunately I have never stuck with it. Now that I am back on the weight loss boat, I figured I would pull out the books and start over myself, so I don't have to pay the ridiculous prices to go there again. Thought you might be interested - It is a 3-day conditioning. Basically it cleanses your body and preps it for weight loss. I have lost anywhere between 5-10 pounds in these 3 days (mostly water, from retention). BUT YOU CAN ONLY DO IT FOR 3 DAYS!!!!!

Here is the conditioning diet-now just remember that this was made for me, so your calorie intake may be more or less. I think it is around 1100 calories. Now I will let you know, so you can compare that I am 5'2",
220 lbs, and 24 years old.

Start your day with one glass of warm water, in which 2 TBSP of lemon juice has been added. You may add Splenda if it is too tart for you. This cleanses your system of salts which in turn will help with water retention. I did this part everyday when on the program, and would be a good habit to get into everyday...you can do it anytime, not just during these 3 days.

Then Breakfast:
Grapefruit OR Orange
and
1 egg OR 1/4 cup 1% Cottage Cheese

Snack:
Grapefruit OR Orange
and
1 Starch Serving (4 Melba rounds or 2 Melba Toast or 2 Plain Rice Cakes or 2 Wasa Lite or 2 Ryvitta.....just pick one of these)

Lunch:
Apple (small to med. size)
Salad
1 TBSP Light Salad Dressing (I usually use more, 2 or so TBSP)
4oz. Protein (Chicken, Turkey, Bison, White Fish are your options)

Snack:
Orange
and
1/4 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese OR 2oz of Protein

Dinner:
5oz Protein
1 Small to Med size Baked Potato
1 tsp. Margarine (For Potato)
1 Cup Cooked Veggies (Green Beans, Broccoli, Cauliflower are your options)

Snack:
Grapefruit OR Orange

Make sure you eat ALL the protein and fruits for all 3 days. I find I am full after supper, and can't eat my evening snack, I have it in the morning when I am hungrier. Try not to eat past 9pm.

Drink 8-8oz glasses of water a day.

Drink no more than 4-5 cups of coffee or tea a day. Gradually decrease caffeine or you will have a headache.

Drink no more than one cola beverage a day. It must be low sodium, diet, and caffeine free.

Select lean cuts of meat and trim off all visible fat before cooking. All poultry should be skinless. Eat until comfortably full. Don't stuff.

To cook meat, use these methods: Bake, Broil, Roast, Grill, or BBQ

You must have 2 tsp. Polyunsaturated oil per day (Salad dressing/marg.)

Replies

• Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just thought I would share this with you. I used to be a member at a local weight loss clinic. It was a very healthy way of losing weight. A nutritionist put the program together, and nurses guide you through your weight loss. It is based on healthy eating, exercise, and basic lifestyle change....it is not a diet. Unfortunately I have never stuck with it. Now that I am back on the weight loss boat, I figured I would pull out the books and start over myself, so I don't have to pay the ridiculous prices to go there again. Thought you might be interested - It is a 3-day conditioning. Basically it cleanses your body and preps it for weight loss. I have lost anywhere between 5-10 pounds in these 3 days (mostly water, from retention). BUT YOU CAN ONLY DO IT FOR 3 DAYS!!!!!

Here is the conditioning diet-now just remember that this was made for me, so your calorie intake may be more or less. I think it is around 1100 calories. Now I will let you know, so you can compare that I am 5'2",
    220 lbs, and 24 years old.

Start your day with one glass of warm water, in which 2 TBSP of lemon juice has been added. You may add Splenda if it is too tart for you. This cleanses your system of salts which in turn will help with water retention. I did this part everyday when on the program, and would be a good habit to get into everyday...you can do it anytime, not just during these 3 days.

Then Breakfast:
    Grapefruit OR Orange
    and
    1 egg OR 1/4 cup 1% Cottage Cheese

Snack:
    Grapefruit OR Orange
    and
    1 Starch Serving (4 Melba rounds or 2 Melba Toast or 2 Plain Rice Cakes or 2 Wasa Lite or 2 Ryvitta.....just pick one of these)

Lunch:
    Salad
    1 TBSP Light Salad Dressing (I usually use more, 2 or so TBSP)
    4oz. Protein (Chicken, Turkey, Bison, White Fish are your options)

Snack:
    Orange
    and
    1/4 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese OR 2oz of Protein

Dinner:
    5oz Protein
    1 Small to Med size Baked Potato
    1 tsp. Margarine (For Potato)
    1 Cup Cooked Veggies (Green Beans, Broccoli, Cauliflower are your options)

Snack:
    Grapefruit OR Orange

Make sure you eat ALL the protein and fruits for all 3 days. I find I am full after supper, and can't eat my evening snack, I have it in the morning when I am hungrier. Try not to eat past 9pm.

Drink 8-8oz glasses of water a day.

Drink no more than 4-5 cups of coffee or tea a day. Gradually decrease caffeine or you will have a headache.

Drink no more than one cola beverage a day. It must be low sodium, diet, and caffeine free.

Select lean cuts of meat and trim off all visible fat before cooking. All poultry should be skinless. Eat until comfortably full. Don't stuff.

To cook meat, use these methods: Bake, Broil, Roast, Grill, or BBQ

You must have 2 tsp. Polyunsaturated oil per day (Salad dressing/marg.)
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    umm... isn't this like an average day of healthy eating... why 3 days? i'm kinda lost what's the idea here... you are preparing your body for a healthier life by feeding it so few calories that come from the same food products (that are not even picked in the healthiest manner) over and over for 3 days? that's more like preparing it for starvation and lack of nutrients/vitamins...

1100 calories are just too few... it's not even 1pm and i've already had almost 1000, definitely won't do with 100 for my snack and dinner :smile: if you do it 3 days only, then alright, but normally you should try to have at least 1300 seeing your height and weight... don't think you are doing yourself a favour if you eat less than the recommended on MFP, it actually works the opposite way if you eat too little! you may lose 5-10 pounds in 3 days and then what?

you don't need a strict menu, rather some planning for the day and you can pick your meals better yourself than what they picked for you... this menu is alright but i don't see the need of processed vegetable oils (margarine that is), i am not into animal products but between butter and some processed stuff the choice is definitely the former... of course try for a quality natural butter brand...

if you are doing this for cleaning the body purposes, i would rather the vegetables be raw but not cooked, and omit the starch, otherwise it's ok... what do the books say for the 4th day of this eating plan? :huh:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    bumping this for later used Caliecat
    Thanks
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    I dunno.....all I know is it works. Like I said it was developed by a nutritionist and nurses. It is few calories, but it is only 3 days. After this, you are put onto the reduction program, so this would be the 4th day and beyond. You are allowed more calories, I just don't know how many that is. I think it is around 1300-1400. I haven't added up what they would be. I think there is something to be said with the proteins and something to do with the citrus fruits. Like I said, I have no idea, just thought I would share with you all. I was told what to do, and did it. I was not hungry at all. It was enough to satisfy, if not more. It has worked wonderfully for me. Take it or leave it.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the "Slim-4-Life" program I was on when I lost my weight. You're right, the plan does work. :smile:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    I dunno.....all I know is it works. Like I said it was developed by a nutritionist and nurses. It is few calories, but it is only 3 days. After this, you are put onto the reduction program, so this would be the 4th day and beyond. You are allowed more calories, I just don't know how many that is. I think it is around 1300-1400. I haven't added up what they would be. I think there is something to be said with the proteins and something to do with the citrus fruits. Like I said, I have no idea, just thought I would share with you all. I was told what to do, and did it. I was not hungry at all. It was enough to satisfy, if not more. It has worked wonderfully for me. Take it or leave it.

i did not say it won't work... what i say is you can read about healthy clean eating and compile your own daily menus, you don't need to follow a strict plan that someone created for a certain period of time which is supposed to lose you a certain number of pounds... this is the typical 'diet' approach and we all have been on a diet and know what happens after every diet... i mean, what i understood is you have been on this program, it worked so fine but you are now here trying to lose the weight again?! most people on MFP view their weight loss as a lifestyle change and not just a program to be followed until results are achieved, this is a better attitude to have if you intend to maintain the results after reaching your goal... (i just read Shannon's profile and it supports this idea that it was easier to lose the weight with Slim-4-life than maintain it now, so it must be obvious what i'm trying to say...)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I may be way off base here, but isn't that WAY too much fruit for one day... I mean WAY too much! I read that someone on a 1200cal a day diet should aim to consume about 1-2 servings of fruit each day. I know that sugar from fruit is better for you than sugar from say... candy, but sugar is still sugar. I wouldn't recommened eating that much fruit in a day. Sub out all but 2 or 3 servings and replace them with raw veggies maybe.
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey Tanya-Thanks for the info!
    I have been on MFP since Feb, and my daily calories are 1200, so this will work well for me.
    Sometimes structured plans help people, it all depends on who you are...

PS That kind of fruit isn't going to hurt you if you are cleansing for 3 DAYS only!
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Tanya it was nice of you to take the time and share the 3 day conditioning diet. Sounds like a great kick start to ease a sugar junkie off the white sugars and carbs. You went to the clinic for help and Nutritionist gave you the 3 day diet plan to cleanse and flush your system out from white sugars and carbs. It would have made the first couple days of my weight loss journey a little easier. Since I was a white sugar junkie.
    Now that you are on MFP you can structure your own healthy days of eating with plenty of vegetables lean meats, carbs.. whatever your preference... MFP is filled with wonderful inspirational people. Most importantly you are back on track trying to get healthy again... regardless of what you tried in your past. MFP is loaded with information. So enjoy your weight lost journey.... feeling great physically and mentally. Salute! :drinker: Be well!
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options

i did not say it won't work... what i say is you can read about healthy clean eating and compile your own daily menus, you don't need to follow a strict plan that someone created for a certain period of time which is supposed to lose you a certain number of pounds... this is the typical 'diet' approach and we all have been on a diet and know what happens after every diet... i mean, what i understood is you have been on this program, it worked so fine but you are now here trying to lose the weight again?! most people on MFP view their weight loss as a lifestyle change and not just a program to be followed until results are achieved, this is a better attitude to have if you intend to maintain the results after reaching your goal... (i just read Shannon's profile and it supports this idea that it was easier to lose the weight with Slim-4-life than maintain it now, so it must be obvious what i'm trying to say...)
    Tanya was only sharing... Everyone has tried different diet plans in their past. Everyone has their own life struggles mentally and physically. MFP is for sharing and being each others inspirations. Lets all have a wonderful day of healthy eating and exercise. Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I think maintenance has been a issue for a lot of people. Once you hit your goal weight, Slim-4-Life incorporates the same methods that are used here. The program isn't the problem, but my mind set is. :ohwell: