Can you recommend an HRM?

Options
I'm on the hunt for an HRM. I'm looking for something inexpensive (under $100), yet accurate. From what I've seen online, Polar and Mio seem to be popular. Any other suggestions for brands/models? I would greatly appreciate it!! :)

Replies

• KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4
    $60 on Amazon
  • Nocturnes
    Options
    I bought myself an OMRON Walking Style step counter...it calculates calories, distance, time etc
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I have the Polar F11 and I really like it. I don't know what they retail for now but I know you can get them on Ebay for under $100.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT7 on amazon for 64 with free shipping. Amazon has pretty good prices!
  • gmrgirl
    gmrgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 (specifically this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007VB4IY ) and I love it for cardio tracking. I am looking to upgrade to a new Polar that will work with me on weights as well (it tells you your rest period is over when your HR comes back down rather than enforcing a set rest period)

I find polar's to be incredibly accurate for me when calibrated correctly.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60 $150 on Amazon. Any Polar is good though!!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it. Got it for $70 from Amazon. For a good, basic HRM I will recommend Polar FT4 or FT7.
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 and LOVE IT! I love being able to see my actual calories burned vs guessing or relying on this site (no offense, I just want to be as accurate as I can)
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    Polar FT4...Love mine. Best thing I've ever done for my workout :)
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4
    $60 on Amazon

just got mine this week, works great and i thought it was a reasonable price :)
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    We have/use the Garmin Forerunner 305, Amazon $133.

GPS too, tracks calories, speed, everyting, run with a virtual partner.

All sorts of goodies. Depends of what you want/need.
  • gfbrummer
    gfbrummer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have Oregon scientific HRM and love it so far. It goes for about $35-40 on amazon. I have had it over a year now and wouldn't work out without it. I am currently looking to upgrade to one without a chest strap. Hopefully for Christmas.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT1 was on sale at ****'s for $59. so I got that one. Mostly I got it because it broadcasts to the treadmills at the gym and it claims to be simple to use. I was briefly tempted by the one that broadcasts to your computer and tracks your stats on line but I dcouldn't really justify the extra $55.00. No training for competition sports in my future. The treadmill has silver things you hold to read your heart rate but it was wildly inaccurate--or I was in danger of a major coronary!! I think I would feel it if my heart rate went to 220! I just got the hrm today so I will report on it by the end of the week.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. I just wanted a good, accurate one that told me my heart rate/cals burned. I didn't want one with a lot of bells and whistles, so it seemed to be the way to go.