Who else has a lot to lose?

Options

Replies

• kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi @heatherbluebell, welcome!

@wornoutmamabear Yes! My job is sedentary, & if I make an effort to stand up, stretch a bit & walk around my office for just a few mins, how much those steps add up & how much better I feel at the end of the day.

So, I was really nervous to do my first full run through of the workout the gym designed. It's 30min cardio machines, 30 lifting. I can't believe I got through it, felt like I got a great workout, but didn't feel like I was super sore, or going to die! I'm very thankful to the staff who took their sweet time with me so I could feel confident working the equipment correctly & use good form. I'll be doing cardio tomorrow, then the full workout again Sat. On Friday I'm home with me kiddos, so I'll go something physical with them so I can sweat & they can have fun too.

Here are my stats for the curious:
    Age 37
    5'5"
    Hw 278
    Cw 276.8
    Goal: Keep up with my family during a full day of siteseeing.
    Short term goal: do full workout 3 days per week, 30 min cardio 2 days per week for 6 weeks.
  • helsbels2621
    helsbels2621 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me! I need to lose around 8st but can't seem to shift any although the tape measure is showing great results! I need to do loads of exercise to shift the weight so building that up!
  • wornoutmamabear
    wornoutmamabear Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone doing?

My weight loss has steadied out a bit, but I still lost about a pound in the last week. Also, I’ve lost 2 inches off my hips and 3 inches off my waist since I started tracking earlier this month!
  • itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've got over 100lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • cswirl76
    cswirl76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Carrie. I'm 45 and married. I'm currently at 230 lbs and want to land around 150 lbs (in the "heavier" end of normal BMI). I'm actually thinking more about measurements than weight, if that makes sense?

I gained weight during lockdown, but I haven't been good with my eating/exercise habits for a long, long time. I tend to snack when I'm upset or sad OR happy - and I'm trying to get out of the "food = reward" mindset.

Weight for me is a health issue more than anything. I have ME and I can feel my body is much happier with a lower weight and slow-release carbs as well as regular meal times. I also have a bad left knee (work accident) and strong leg muscles are really key to keeping my knee steady.

Currently biking a lot on my city bike, but thinking of adding in swimming (which I'm bad at but nevermind! I won't drown!).

Hello accountability pals!
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow @wornoutmamabear that's fantastic! I'm glad you're seeing clear progress!

@ashleycarole86 that's so inspiring! I'm so excited for you to hit such a meaningful place!

Hi Carrie @cswirl76 adding you ;) I just started getting serious about this a week ago. I'm in my late 30's, 276lbs, and I just want to be able to keep up with my active family and have adventures without my body holding be back (trail hikes, siteseeing, traveling, that sort of thing). I also want to be healthy so I can be around for my kids as long as a can.
    It sounds like you have clear goals and reasons for making this a priority too. Swimming is excellent, and actually sounds like a fun way to add more healthy movement to your routine. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress!

How was everyone's weekend? What's one thing you'd like to do a bit better this week?
  • cswirl76
    cswirl76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey @kellibee2000 - I've added you back :)

This weekend was good! I'm having knee problems after a couple of days of biking, so will take it slow for a few days. I'd love to be better at substituting carbs in my diet. Feel like I'm forever eating fruit, pasta and rice. Even though I'm hitting targets right now, there has to be better options out there for filling me up!
  • justcandi12
    justcandi12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I started last week assuming I weighed 280 pounds, weighed myself and turns out I weighed 294, then 290 on Friday. This morning I weighed myself at 298.7!! I don’t understand it’s also that time of month for me I don’t know if that makes any difference. Anyways despite what the scale says I know we do have non scale victories and well of course as it takes time to notice. I get very unmotivated during that waiting period. This week I start weight trading and a little bit of cardio. My mini goal right now it just to lose ten pounds!! Long time goal is just to be under 200 lbs. Good luck to everyone on here and I look forward to hearing everyone’s updates as they are very inspiring! 🙌🏻 We all Got this!! 💪🏻
  • Nikki542687
    Nikki542687 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have used this app on and off for several years and have found it to be helpful in the past for weight loss. About 7-8 years ago my husband and I quit smoking and I put on some serious pounds (about 90-100lbs!); work from home since COVID hasn't helped the cause either as I think I put on 20lbs this past winter. I am now at my heaviest weight ever and it is time that I take this serious and do something about it. I signed up for the black card membership at Planet Fitness this past Thursday. The membership costs a little more than the $10 one but I can take either of my teenage boys or my husband each time I go, so this does help with accountability and keeps things from getting boring. I also have access to the other amenities like massage chairs/beds, tanning, etc. In my mind, I figured if I paid for the better one, it will feel like its more than just a gym and can pamper myself or relax a little after each session. Anyway, I have went each day since and I get in about 30-40 minutes of cardio and mix in some weight training. OMG working out it is soooo difficult because I just don't have the stamina I used to and I am a good 125lbs+ heavier than when I used to go to the gym, but I have to keep telling myself that this WILL get easier. I have high BP (controlled with low dose meds), so my long term goal is not just weight loss but to get off of the BP meds. I also had some lab results recently come back showing I was prediabetic, so I have to stick with this so that I am not stuck with any other obesity related medical issues. I am totally in need of accountability and would love for others to join me in this journey - feel free to send me a friend request.

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.
    Starting date: June 24th
    Starting weight: 293bs
    Current weight: 290lbs (as of this morning)
    Goal weight: 170-180
  • justcandi12
    justcandi12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Nikki542687 You got this girl! I too am at my heaviest and four years ago I would gym hard I was so dedicated! I’ve gained about 120 lbs over these past two years alone. So I know that feeling but hey, one day at a time right! Will add you to follow your journey too!
  • wornoutmamabear
    Options
    I’m excited to take my measurements tomorrow with it being the end of June! I started dieting on June 8th, but I plan on sharing my start-of-month weight and measurements and my end-of-month ones for comparison. Feel free to join in! I might make it a monthly thing to monitor my progress.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • mrssheldon
    mrssheldon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Reading though this thread has been so helpful for me! I have been having a rough couple days mental health wise, and feeling pretty alone in my weight loss and very discouraged. Instead of throwing it out the window, I decided to come on here and see what I could find in the Motivation and Support and here is this lovely group!

I have been a member of MFP for many years now, but used it on and off without much success because I haven't really had much commitment and I gave up too easily. But I'm here now and determined to make a change. I have about 115 pounds I'd like to lose. I'm 5'4" and currently 297 and looking to be around 180, and then I can reevaluate once I'm there.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and journeys! I can't wait to continue to see everyone's progress and share my own!
  • wornoutmamabear
    Options
    I am loving this group, you guys! How’s everyone doing? Any weekend fitness plans? I was wanting to go swimming with my kids this weekend, but it’s been raining cats and dogs all week. 😩
  • Moveit80
    Moveit80 Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    33 yrs old I'd just be happy to lose 58 lbs but reckon 17 more lbs loss on top of that would be ideal for my 5'5 frame... slow going but this is the one time I've not given up.. I go to the gym a few times a week but have been walking and dog walking daily.. tracking calories.. I really need to work on drinking water 🥵
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,148 Member
    Options
    Today for Canada Day I absolutely stuffed it with exercise. I started with a long walk first thing in the morning and then my husband and I did a huge almost 2 hour long bike ride.

There is a still a heat wave where I live so we have to be careful about when we go...

We are on vacation next week and I love how many fitness plans we have for it.