Best body ever!

Options
Good morning, good afternoon and good evening fellow fitties!

So, I have recently escaped an abusive relationship in which I was force fed and discouraged from attending the gym, resulting in a three stone weight gain. I have never in my life weighed so much and my goodness it has ruined my self esteem!

Due to feeling so rubbish and realising my weight is the highest it has even been, I now have a fiery motivation to achieve my best body ever!

My current workout routine is a 7am swim; I swim a mile every morning which currently takes around 50minutes. My first question is; doing this, am I going to be able to lose three stone (currently 88kg/13stone 8poundsish) and am I going to notice toning? I know a few people say that weight loss/toning by swimming alone is a myth, especially PT's!

In terms of my diet; my plan is to completely cut out processed foods, starchy veg and white bread. I'm going to try to only eat what could be harvested/hunted and cut out everything else (with the exception of coffee, I need it in my line of work!!).

I want to get rid of my little belly; I haven't had one since I was a kid!! If something needs to change or you think there is a better way to achieve my goals, please share :smile:

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Replies

• lucytalbot94
    lucytalbot94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and advice!

I'd eventually LOVE to have a six pack, hence the toning question! Hehe. I'm going to up my lifting once I have a routine with my swimming (so far I do a mile every morning barre one) I'm going to incorporate weight lifting twice a week.

I am in the process of getting counselling, unfortunately I am a very 'all or nothing' kind of person so I have to keep reminding myself that weight loss takes time, improved stamina takes time, healing takes time. Trying to take baby steps, instead of sprinting for the finish line!

Thank you all <3