Guys ... I have a question on Daily Calorie Targets. Can anyone help?

Options
gabercro36
gabercro36 Posts: 3 Member
Hi all. So I've been using MFP for just over 2mths now and, combined with exercise, have dropped just over 11kg. It's going really well, and I'm actually enjoying the lifestyle adjustment along with the learnings that come from counting calories. The last couple of weeks though I've noticed my weight-drop start to slow.

When I started my journey my daily calorie goal was 1750 p/day based on my starting weight of 144kg and goal to lose 1kg p/week. My question is this .... as you lose weight are you meant to change your daily calorie goal? I log all my weight fluctuations in MFP, but my daily calorie target has not changed. Should I manually be resetting my stats so as to recalculate a daily calorie target?

Replies

• BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gaber... You might want to post this in one of the other forums... General Health or Goals. This is the Chat forum.

Good luck & congrats on your weight loss!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,144 Member
    Options
    As your weight changes your maintenance caloric needs will change as well. You can use calorie calculator.com to find what your caloric needs are. Obviously this is an estimate and you will have to adjust accordingly.

I don’t know what your current routine is but you can also up your cardio burn just a bit to make up the difference in calorie change.

This is just a brief response to what you asked I hope it helps.