google fit

Myfitnesspal isn't grabbing the steps from google fit. I checked to make sure both apps are connected to each other and they are. I did a force sync for both, I did a force stop and then restart myfitnesspal, neither of those worked. So i was going to uninstall and then re-install but google play isn't offering myfitnesspal anymore. I even searched under armour and nothing came up. Is the myfitness app not being supported anymore and is that why its not reading my steps from google fit?
does anyone know???

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You are correct - MFP no longer has them in list of apps (actually other accounts) to sync with.

But - within the MFP app you should still be able to select in settings as Step Source your phone.
    Which is all Google Fit was probably doing anyway.

The difference would have been GF would have been using steps and distance and other figures to estimate a daily burn. When accounts are linked it would have sent that to MFP. Along with any logged workouts.
    And possible smart watch integration.

If step source is only option, it's MFP seeing steps, estimating a distance, getting a calorie burn from that (very rough estimate), and adjusting as needed.
    Then you'd log workouts on MFP.
  • TDeVittori
    TDeVittori Posts: 4 Member
    i checked but I dont see my phone as an option. Just a bunch of apps, included google fit which I already have connected on MFP, that I will have to download and then connect. I guess i will have to look into that, if I want to be able to see my steps included with my daily meals.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Picking the phone isn't listed under the apps section in the phone app.
    It's literally just an option.

On the website it would be here, but this doesn't allow picking the phone.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers

Only can be done through the app. In fact when GF was supported, it would show GF as option and it needed to be selected.

And there is no Google Fit listed anymore in apps, so if you have it showing, it's a holdover probably because it's currently linked. but can't work.

Unless the MFP app (which I don't use due to issues) lists items the web account doesn't.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,080 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Picking the phone isn't listed under the apps section in the phone app.
    It's literally just an option.

On the website it would be here, but this doesn't allow picking the phone.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers

Only can be done through the app. In fact when GF was supported, it would show GF as option and it needed to be selected.

And there is no Google Fit listed anymore in apps, so if you have it showing, it's a holdover probably because it's currently linked. but can't work.

Unless the MFP app (which I don't use due to issues) lists items the web account doesn't.

You can find Google Fit in "Steps" in the drop down menu on the Android App. It still doesn't work which is very annoying as my smart watch doesn't sync directly with MyFitnessPal, but would sync through Google Fit until it stopped working.