Motivation

Options
Hi! My name is Lisa and I am 55 years old and have struggled with the yo-yo diet most of my life. I have been very fit and part of a gym, to not so fit. Currently, I am post menopausal and have noticed a difference in my body’s composition and response to food. I am a nurse and I know what to do, I just do it better with support. I am looking for support and encouragement to log food, make healthy food choices, exercise 4/5 times per week, and to keep at it over the long haul.
I weigh 140, am 5 ft 3 in, and would like to be 125 lb. I figure 1-2 pounds per week is safe and I should be able to reach my goal in 10-15 weeks and then work on maintenance, which is actually the hardest for me!
Any helpful insights are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Mom4diet
    Mom4diet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! That's amazing that you're trying!
  • rissaroni
    rissaroni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Carissa. I am 33 years old and I have been heavy my whole life. I want to get to a healthy weight. I just need some motivation to keep going. I do good for about 3 weeks then I give up because I get depressed. I started last week watching what I eat and I am down 3.5 lbs. so far.
  • fit_in_that_little_black_dress
    Options
    Hello, We are very similar in age/size and have the yo yo thing going on. Would love to connect and perhaps we can cheer each other on through stray and random hot flashes. Lol
  • Hilisa4
    Hilisa4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Thank you for the responses! It is encouraging to know others are in the struggle. I spent yesterday mapping out a plan—-I made a list of 300-400 calorie breakfasts that I enjoy, 300-500 cal lunches, 300-500cal dinners and 100-200 cal snacks; which would be from 1,200-1,500 cal per day that I can adjust depending on my exercise for the day. I made a grocery list to use every week and I printed out a schedule for my exercise.
    For example:
    Breakfast: Toasted Ezekiel bread with 50g smashed avocado and egg on top, 1/2 cup pink grapefruit (380)
    Lunch: 3 Oz teriyaki chicken, miracle rice (love this), roasted green beans (300)
    Snack: Atkins Carmel nut bar (130)
    Dinner: Zucchini noodles, lean meat marinara sauce (300)
    Snack: Greek yogurt with berries (100)
    Total=1210
    Exercise: Fabulous 50’s HITT routine and stretching calories burned approximately =300

I am also watching some good videos on YouTube that debunk a lot of diet myths that have been helpful and encouraging.
    I have made a chart that I have to check off each day if I have logged food and exercised and am having my husband check in on me.
    Planning to weigh in once per week, and I am committing to 6 weeks and then reevaluate. Working on rewards for meeting daily/weekly goals.
    Please let me know your plans and how I may encourage you all.