HG's Tinfoil Baked Fish Taco

Options
khollyk
khollyk Posts: 150 Member
Try this...seriously! Either my version or Hungry Girl's -- it's definitely worth it!

This is Hungry Girl's original recipe for fish tacos...with a few of my changes! SOOO delicious and SOOO easy to fit into your calorie intake for the day, even with having a non-fat peppermint mocha earlier in the day!

Too-EZ Tinfoil-Baked Fish Taco

PER SERVING (entire taco): 232 calories, 3g fat, 279mg sodium, 25g carbs, 4g fiber, 5g sugars, 27g protein -- POINTS® value 4* **** (This is for HG's original recipe. Mine is more like 189 calories for the fish, onions, teriyaki & taco seasoning, 71 calories for the tortilla & then a few more for the added veggies.) ****

A tinfoil-baked fish taco?! You won't BELIEVE how simple (and delicious!) this is...

Ingredients:
4 oz. raw tilapia (fresh or thawed from frozen)
1 large corn tortilla (like Mission Super Size) ---- (I used Ole Tomato Basil wrap for only 71 calories per tortilla!)
1/3 cup thinly sliced onion ---- (I sauteed in a bit of olive oil and teriyaki prior to putting in the foil)
1/3 cup thinly sliced bell pepper (any color) --- (I omitted due to personal preference)
1/4 cup canned black beans
1 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. taco seasoning mix ---- (I used Ol El Paso 40% Less Sodium)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place fish and sliced veggies in a bowl, and spray with a light mist of nonstick spray. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and lime juice, and then toss to combine. Set out a large piece of tinfoil, and transfer seasoned fish 'n veggies to the center of the foil. Wrap foil up around food to completely enclose it.

Set foil packet on a baking pan, and place it in the oven. Cook for approximately 10 minutes (until fish is cooked through and flakes apart easily with a fork). Drain excess liquid from the packet, and allow to cool for a few minutes.

Toast or warm tortilla slightly, and then place beans in the center. Add fish and veggies to the tortilla. Fold tortilla sides up, and then chew away!

****I added lettuce, corn, reduced fat cheese & salsa.....YUM!****

MAKES 1 SERVING

Replies