brown baggin' it

Options
i pack my lunch everyday. but i'm getting tired of the same ol' turkey sandwich or chicken salad. i want something FILLING, but around 300-400 calories, and well balanced, of course. any suggestions would be super.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    i pack my lunch everyday. but i'm getting tired of the same ol' turkey sandwich or chicken salad. i want something FILLING, but around 300-400 calories, and well balanced, of course. any suggestions would be super.

:flowerforyou:
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love fruit (1 to 1.5 cup) and low fat cottage cheese (1 cup)
    I have been buying frozen fruit and taking out what I need each day to go with my cottage cheese. I love Dole Tropical fruit mix YUM--I also am very full and it is not that many calories!
    Hope this helps you change things up!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I take a baggie full of mixed raw veggies - carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, radishes. I cook up several chicken breasts on the weekend and talk half of one for lunch. I have some fruit and maybe some almonds and raisins.

If you have leftovers from dinner, that might be something to take too.

Or my favorite lunch out - Subway's veggie delight on whole wheat - no cheese - no sauce.( lots of jalepenos!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Buzzkitty1 Posts: 134
    Options
    I was going to suggest leftovers as well. I usually make an extra serving of whatever I'm fixing for dinner, and take them to lunch the next day. If I have a leftover chicken breast, I'll take a big salad, and heat up the chicken and throw it on top. I keep fat free dressing at work.
    Make a big batch of chicken chili if you like chili, and freeze in single servings. Same with soup.
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    I take soup to work , they have some yummy ones from Amy's Organic or whichever you like that is filling and satisfying. Or I too, take cottage cheese and fruit or cereal (Fiber One with fruit and I side of milk). Or a flax muffin and some string cheese. You can get creative and bring anything that will fit on your fridge. I just bought the Hungry Girl cookbook and they have a lot of great low cal recipes that are easy and yummy.
    Good luck, boredom is a killer.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    shrimp stir fry

it's really good and shrimp are fairly low cal as well. I use either brown rice or whole wheat spagetini and then Ill have sauteed veggies as well. Steam the shrimp and cook the veg in your stir fry sauce. Toss noodles or rice with the veggies and shrimp and your done! So easy and so delicious! The recipe I make usually yields four servings and each serving is around 300 calories. They're about 1 1/2 cup servings approx.