Hello Everyone

Options
I am 60 years Male and in Dallas TX. Started using MFP app to watch my food and log everyday. I was at 215lbs and now at 201.00. I am trying to keep my total calorie consumption to 1200 a day with Carbs below 100 grams. I am not in rush to loose weight but have long term goal. I am happy to be here.

Replies

• TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Texan, and welcome to MFP. You're definitely on the right path with tracking and logging what you eat. Your low calorie goal is of concern though. How did you come up with that number? My understanding is the recommended minimum for a male is 1500 calories. That may even be too low for you after you also take into account your height and activity level.
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Sadly, you are setting yourself up for failure eating so little calories. Why not use MFP to set a sensible goal and follow that?

I want to lose weight and keep it off for many, many years. This means I need to change how I think about food and eating. It does not happen overnight, try and set yourself up for the best success by getting off to a good start.

I’d not be able to pick up good eating habits on such low calories.